A Darkness Settles Over "6 Days in August"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: A Darkness Settles Over "6 Days in August"

Post by Doctor Scratch »

It seems to me that a release during the Halloween season would be especially appropriate.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

I Have Questions wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:21 pm
Tom wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 am
I am informed by the film’s producer that the stray man will be brushed out of the scene during the “sweetening” stage of post-production.

Everybody Wang Chung, is Six Days still set for release in late summer? The Relief Society sister in Parowan recently mentioned to me that the Little Old Lady from Pasadena Ward and many of the Relief Society sister’s other elderly friends residing outside of Utah have booked (nonrefundable) plane tickets to SLC in August to see the movie. They’re excited to see a faith-promoting “talkie.”
The Executive Co-Producer is now saying publicly that he’s hoping to have it out in time for Christmas 2024, but October at the earliest.
Last night, I shared the unwelcome news about the film’s release date with the Relief Society sister in Parowan and the Little Old Lady from Pasadena Ward. (Neither reads SeN.) Understandably, both are quite upset. In fact, they feel that they’ve been forgotten by the Interpreter Foundation. (I recall that President Packer addressed that very issue in an apostolic charge to a prominent LDS apologist many years ago.)

Anyway, my suggestion at this point is for the movie producers to perform a last-minute casting of the Relief Society sister as Lucy Mack Smith. I am confident the faithful sister would be delighted to play the part and appear in a major motion picture. I know she would work for free, and she’s certainly a potential supporter of the project. I hope the executive co-producer will reach out to her very soon to smooth things over by offering the part (and then asking for a substantial donation).
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Tom wrote:
I am informed by the film’s producer that the stray man will be brushed out of the scene during the “sweetening” stage of post-production.

Everybody Wang Chung, is Six Days still set for release in late summer? The Relief Society sister in Parowan recently mentioned to me that the Little Old Lady from Pasadena Ward and many of the Relief Society sister’s other elderly friends residing outside of Utah have booked (nonrefundable) plane tickets to SLC in August to see the movie. They’re excited to see a faith-promoting “talkie.”
Well, I do have an informant that's part of the cast and I was told there are a lot of disgruntled crew members/actors that are not getting paid on time. Morale is at an all time low right now. It's so bad right now, the film might never get finished. Here are a few comments from the crew that were overheard by my informant:

"I'm afraid this movie will do to Mormon cinema what Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch did to music in the mid '90s." -- the director overheard on the phone talking to his wife

"It's not a man purse. It's called a fanny pack. Russell M. Nelson also wears one." -- DCP overheard talking to the caterer

“Listen, we both know that this film is going to be a total shitshow. Like, David Archuleta opening for Milli Vanilli at the Utah State Fair." -- the set director

“Working with DCP is just like an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief breaks of despair.” -- the actor who is portraying Brigham Young

“Listen DCP, if I never see you again, I want you to know that I love you very much, and that I also hid 1,500lbs of cocaine somewhere in the Interpreter office right next to the Second Watson Letter.” -- Louis Midgley overheard talking to DCP on the set
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:38 am
Tom wrote:

Well, I do have an informant that's part of the cast and I was told there are a lot of disgruntled crew members/actors that are not getting paid on time. Morale is at an all time low right now. It's so bad right now, the film might never get finished. Here are a few comments from the crew that were overheard by my informant:

"I'm afraid this movie will do to Mormon cinema what Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch did to music in the mid '90s." -- the director overheard on the phone talking to his wife

"It's not a man purse. It's called a fanny pack. Russell M. Nelson also wears one." -- DCP overheard talking to the caterer

“Listen, we both know that this film is going to be a total shitshow. Like, David Archuleta opening for Milli Vanilli at the Utah State Fair." -- the set director

“Working with DCP is just like an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief breaks of despair.” -- the actor who is portraying Brigham Young

“Listen DCP, if I never see you again, I want you to know that I love you very much, and that I also hid 1,500lbs of cocaine somewhere in the Interpreter office right next to the Second Watson Letter.” -- Louis Midgley overheard talking to DCP on the set

:lol:
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

The situation is worse than I imagined. Money problems, the set is leaking like a sieve, anachronisms (I’ve heard rumors that part of the filming of a movie set in the 1830s and 1840s is being done in Upper Canada Village , which is intended to depict rural English Canadian life in 1866!), and we have yet to see a “sizzle reel,” let alone a trailer. I heartily concur that “if we don’t tell our own stories honestly, untruths and confusion will continue, impacting countless lives” (that point really hit home while I was watching Witnesses), so this film may need to be shelved.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857