The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Cherry-Picked Text Messages

Post by Dr Moore »

All of these Rosebud and Jpatterson have nothing whatsoever to do with advancing a discussion about Mormonism. They are personal vendettas and accordingly should be moved to Spirit Paradise in my opinion.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:36 pm
All of these Rosebud and Jpatterson have nothing whatsoever to do with advancing a discussion about Mormonism. They are personal vendettas and accordingly should be moved to Spirit Paradise in my opinion.
100%
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:07 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:03 pm
We always do!
Indeed. I’ll start popping some popcorn for everyone.
Oh you are sooooo kind! May I have a bit o melted butter on mine?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
Excellent point, Dr Moore. I agree with you.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:43 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
Or not. No one wants them in Spirit Paradise who posts there. They are as Mormon related as any SeN thread. Quality is the issue, and SP is not a forum for lower quality posts, just non-Mormon related posts. SP has Hunter Biden's laptop, this forum gets to have Rosebud.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:58 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:43 pm

Or not. No one wants them in Spirit Paradise who posts there. They are as Mormon related as any SeN thread. Quality is the issue, and SP is not a forum for lower quality posts, just non-Mormon related posts. SP has Hunter Biden's laptop, this forum gets to have Rosebud.
How about rule 7 and rule 9. This is ridiculous personal spam.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:56 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:58 pm

How about rule 7 and rule 9. This is ridiculous personal spam.
Could be, but that doesn't define what goes to Spirit Paradise. Rather, that might determine which degree of glory it belongs in. Again, Spirit Paradise isn't a forum below. It is a forum apart.

To the Mormonness of this, it has a decidedly warmed over conference talk feel that I'd say is distinctly Mormon.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Rosebud wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:02 pm
RFM and Bill Reel are on notice. They both blocked me on Facebook yesterday.

The rest of you are fluff. (Have fun with that one.)
Wait a minute, Fluff is a poster at NOM, not here.

If RFM and Bill turned on their spam filter it is because they regard you as a nuisance.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Re: The offenders’ problem is that I am not unwell

Post by Marcus »

Rosebud wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:11 am
...What all such posters are missing was the level-headedness, emotional stability and foresight my decision to use “Rosebud” here required....
Huh. I would like to note that that 'foresight' wasn't in existence when rosebud first starting posting here. In fact, I'm going to take a very small amount of credit for her at the very least trying to formally separate her professional online presence from this fiasco. In one of her early complaints here, she included some very personal details about interactions with Dehlin, but also included specific information directly associated with her professional career. Here is some background:
Lem wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:09 pm
The doxxing complaint was mentioned again, and it's been bothering me as well, because Rosebud's version doesn't quite match what happened, in my opinion only.

I know this is just an outline, but from one poster's notes:
Dwight wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:03 pm
[3:04:34] she filed the document and at the same time went to a message board called Mormon discussions .com. She started posting about it. She was communicating to John.... Rosebud chose this message board cause there is protection from using real names. This was one of her arguments with the Open Stories Foundation board from the beginning cause you can’t just use her name and make it her identity. Cause John Dehlin was going around publicizing this. She says he wasn’t using her name, he just said enough so those that know would know. So he could brag. She got the admins to strike her name...
Of course there would need to be a transcript to make a proper comparison, but, at least in my experience, this 2018 version just doesn't match up with the MormonDiscussions situation, at least not in the years prior to her making that recording. Doxxing being such a dramatic concern to Rosebud doesn't match how she was posting here. To explain my point, In 2017, Rosebud posted a very long, very emotionally vulnerable and personal post. The problem related to this topic is that she prefaced it with a live link to her professional counseling services page she had at the time, which seems to obviate her deep concern re: doxxing.

The old board is pretty dead now, so it's difficult to verify completely, but there are a couple of work-arounds and I was able to find the response I sent her shortly after her post...

Here is the part of my post relevant to her doxxing concern:
by Lemmie
Thu May 25, 2017 4:06 pm
Forum: The Terrestrial Forum
Topic: Falling out between Dehlin and Kate Kelly?
[in real life link posted by Rosebud deleted by Lemmie]
oh boy. Fell free to tell me to **** off, but, speaking as a woman with a BIC- tbm background who has gone through this process of extricating oneself from LDS influences, may I say that going forward, you will want to have a professional footprint that can be taken seriously. It is nice, as candygal said, to get to know each other, but linking your in real life professional data with the type of posts you leave here does NOT help your professional image.
And three days later, Rosebud posted this:
by Rosebud
Sun May 28, 2017 4:56 am
Topic: Taking Open Stories Foundation Finance, Board and Equal Pay Questions

And to posters on the new Reddit uncensored board, I'd appreciate it if you'd use "Rosebud" instead of my in real life name. John Dehlin is the one who's pushing to bring my in real life name into this as an intimidation tactic. I doubt I can prevent it from happening...

But, Reddit uncensored, if you wouldn't mind, please don't take the in real life name step for him. -thanks
And not until April 2018:
by Rosebud
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:13 pm
Topic: My Consent to Use "Rosebud"

...Anyway, I give consent for anyone to use the name "Rosebud" referring to me in any media anywhere. It's not that I don't want this story out (obviously), it's that I have had enough real-world consequences as it is...

I do not give consent for anyone to use my in real life name. "Rosebud" it is. Say whatever you want about what I've said here on this board. That goes for all media types: traditional, social... anything.

For now until forever. I don't know how much people care about this right now or if or when this consent will mean anything. But regardless, this consent is permanent.

Someone please copy this post in their reply so that people will feel confident that I can't come back and delete it.

No doxxing..... I have a non-Mormon life to live. I want my future to be better than my past and doxxing puts the power back in John's hands because he knows how to use his media and followers to hurt me. That was his plan all along. I'm sick of him having power to hurt me and my family. Enough....

Rosebud
...As I have said before, I still consider that the objective evidence, in my best reading, shows that Dehlin and the Open Stories Foundation board sexually harassed a subordinate, the victim's difficulties notwithstanding...
Moksha
God

Re: The offenders’ problem is that I am not unwell

Post by Moksha »

How would the Glenn Close character in Fatal Attraction interact with the Shades Board? Bet she would post up a storm!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace