Mothers in Zion - why they're leaving

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
malkie
God

Re: Mothers in Zion - why they're leaving

Post by malkie »

I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:47 pm
When someone suggests that women in the Church already bear Priesthood authority I usually ask, can females older than 12 years old pass the sacrament? And when they say no, ask “Why not?”

Because the answer is that they don’t have the Priesthood.
As has been pointed out before, female members often do pass the sacrament, in the sense of having their hands (and no male hands) on the tray as it moves down the pew. They may even be able/allowed to pass the tray from one pew to another.

What they cannot do is receive the tray from the hands of those who blessed the emblems, or return the tray to them.

In this sense, female members can do no more than non-members can do.

To me, that makes it even more difficult to explain.
---

Worth noting also, I believe: the first person to receive the blessed bread/water is always male, as Sacrament Meeting is always presided over by a priesthood holder.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

malkie wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:36 am
I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:47 pm
When someone suggests that women in the Church already bear Priesthood authority I usually ask, can females older than 12 years old pass the sacrament? And when they say no, ask “Why not?”

Because the answer is that they don’t have the Priesthood.
As has been pointed out before, female members often do pass the sacrament, in the sense of having their hands (and no male hands) on the tray as it moves down the pew. They may even be able/allowed to pass the tray from one pew to another.

What they cannot do is receive the tray from the hands of those who blessed the emblems, or return the tray to them.

---

Worth noting also, I believe: the first person to receive the blessed bread/water is always male, as Sacrament Meeting is always presided over by a priesthood holder.
I think about this every Sunday when we have Sacrament at our non-LDS church. Our pastors and elders first provide the sacrament to the members, then to one another, ending with the pastor serving the elders. They do this with words of affirmation, to us individually, as to what Christ has done for us and what the sacrament represents, and with facial expressions of absolute joy as they serve. Leadership through service. “Thanks be to God.” Then, there is also the priesthood of the believer.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

malkie wrote:
[qAs has been pointed out before, female members often do pass the sacrament, in the sense of having their hands (and no male hands) on the tray as it moves down the pew. They may even be able/allowed to pass the tray from one pew to another.
If females tried to act in this capacity, God would be sorely wrought and they might even burst into flames. If females insist on being treated equally, they should leave the Church and go to some faith tradition that embraces that sort of virtue devoid of strict patriarchal rule. If you agree to be a future Goddess, you and your other sister-wives must remain silent and have no name. You might bask in your Husband God's power and glory, but only from a distance. That is taken from page 2 of the Unwritten Rules which govern the Church and the Celestial Kingdom. So there.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:32 am
malkie wrote:

---

I think about this every Sunday when we have Sacrament at our non-LDS church. Our pastors and elders first provide the sacrament to the members, then to one another, ending with the pastor serving the elders. They do this with words of affirmation, to us individually, as to what Christ has done for us and what the sacrament represents, and with facial expressions of absolute joy as they serve. Leadership through service. “Thanks be to God.” Then, there is also the priesthood of the believer.
I really like the "feel" of that!
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!