White Male Supremacy is alive and well at General Conference

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

White Male Supremacy is alive and well at General Conference

Post by I Have Questions »

Of the 33 allotted slots, only 3 were given to women. That’s less than 10%. Despite all the protestations about men and women being equal in the Church, the reality is that nothing has changed.

None of the speakers were black.
Last edited by I Have Questions on Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeNotDeceived
Priest

Re: White Male dominance is alive and well at General Conference

Post by BeNotDeceived »

That's kind of how you know the LDS religion is bogus...when men run the show, are superior to women, females can't hold Smith's made-up 'priesthood' and then add polygamy to the mix. :oops:
Philo Sofee
God

Re: White Male Supremacy is alive and well at General Conference

Post by Philo Sofee »

3? That's real progress! In over 65 years they have gone from 0 to a whopping 3! By the time we are 169 years old it will rise to 5! Upward and onward brethren sisters!
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

Yea, if women had their say instead of raising your hand put in ballot boxes, I think the mall would not have happened. Instead it would be a top research hospital. Let people vote on proposals by the ballot box. Give women a vote on church business and you would find a temple site diverted to a soup kitchen and shelter.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

The problem is if they change the priesthood rules, then that would imply there isn't an all knowing God guiding the church because God would know that times will change and equality may eventually be the norm and so that would have been put in place from the beginning. They have to stick with it and insist only males can have the priesthood for whatever devine reason because that reason should be applicable eternally. Not sure why women would want it anyway.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:37 pm
The problem is if they change the priesthood rules, then that would imply there isn't an all knowing God guiding the church because God would know that times will change and equality may eventually be the norm and so that would have been put in place from the beginning. They have to stick with it and insist only males can have the priesthood for whatever devine reason because that reason should be applicable eternally. Not sure why women would want it anyway.
It's not about wanting the priesthood, it's about the inclusion idea of the second half of the church. The first half have failed, obviously, because they left out half of the church, the females from their counsels, meetings, and decision makings. As Rene Steelman so aptly remarked on my show last night, had there been 6 women apostles, the Tim Ballard thing simply would not have happened or had credibility at all.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

I think you missed what I was saying. Because the church set up the rules as ordained by God, they can't change the rules because that would mean God hadn't set the rules because God is "all knowing" and God would know that in the future women have more rights and freedoms.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:52 am
I think you missed what I was saying. Because the church set up the rules as ordained by God, they can't change the rules because that would mean God hadn't set the rules because God is "all knowing" and God would know that in the future women have more rights and freedoms.
They seemed to have grasped that nettle with the Priesthood Ban and Plural Marriage. So why not with Women and The Priesthood?
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Could you imagine a female prophet?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:13 pm
Could you imagine a female prophet?
Ancient Israel did in Deborah... And Anna in the New Testament at Jesus's presentation in the temple. But, I mean, we're talkin patriarchal LDS-ism here, so yeah, probably not for their whiskers.