Nelson reaffirms TK smoothie doctrine that gender is not eternal

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Nelson reaffirms TK smoothie doctrine that gender is not eternal

Post by MG 2.0 »

I Have Questions wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:57 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:18 pm
Guys… D&C 76.

70 These are they whose bodies are celestial, whose glory is that of the sun, even the glory of God, the highest of all, whose glory the sun of the firmament is written of as being typical.

71 And again, we saw the terrestrial world, and behold and lo, these are they who are of the terrestrial, whose glory differs from that of the church of the Firstborn who have received the fulness of the Father, even as that of the moon differs from the sun in the firmament.

72 Behold, these are they who died without law;

73 And also they who are the spirits of men kept in prison, whom the Son visited, and preached the gospel unto them, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh;

74 Who received not the testimony of Jesus in the flesh, but afterwards received it.

75 These are they who are honorable men of the earth, who were blinded by the craftiness of men.

76 These are they who receive of his glory, but not of his fulness.

77 These are they who receive of the presence of the Son, but not of the fulness of the Father.

78 Wherefore, they are bodies terrestrial, and not bodies celestial, and differ in glory as the moon differs from the sun.
This conflicts with the Alma scripture that Oaks quoted
How’s that?

Regards,
MG
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Here’s what Nelson said.
Mortality is a master class in learning to choose the things of greatest eternal import. Far too many people live as though this life is all there is. However, your choices today will determine three things: where you will live throughout all eternity, the kind of body with which you will be resurrected, and those with whom you will live forever.
Not true in the least. The Book of Mormon teaches an infinite atonement which overcomes ALL limitations, short comings and sins. An infinite atonement makes hash of this kind of theology which inspires fear and guilt. I don't buy it. The infintie atonement in the most correct book on earth, if Smith understood it correctly, shows the brethren either misunderstand it, or have apostatized from it. No reason to fear these worthless doctrines of myopic men in Salt Lake City.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:18 pm
Guys… D&C 76.
70 These are they whose bodies are celestial
78 Wherefore, they are bodies terrestrial

This doctrine was not original to the Book of Mormon but became a later convention developed by Smith who utilized ideas from Saint Paul from the 1 Corinthians 15 exposition on the glories of resurrection. The Book of Mormon follows the hardline heaven or hell concept -- saved or damned -- go to heaven or go to hell, forever. That was Smith's current understanding and theology. No Three Degrees or states of resurrection outside the bounds of what Jesus said, "And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation." Thus, the resurrected soul is either saved or damned -- there would be no in-between whatsoever. That was Joseph Smith's theology and understanding of resurrection when he wrote (dictated) the Book of Mormon in 1829. There was no Alma in ancient times giving a lecture or offering an opinion (40:20) on the subject matter because it was all coming from the mind of Joseph Smith as he understood it in 1829. But his doctrine would evolve and change, soon enough.

Joseph Smith's resurrection of damnation is made obvious as it contrast with the resurrection of life in the teachings of Alma:

ALMA 12
  • "then cometh a death, even a second death"
  • "die as to things pertaining unto righteousness"
  • "whose flame ascendeth up forever and ever"
  • "everlasting destruction, according to the power and captivity of Satan"
  • "as though there had been no redemption made"
  • "they cannot be redeemed"
  • "the everlasting destruction of your souls"
ALMA 40
  • "consignation to happiness or misery"
  • "the righteous shine forth in the kingdom of God"
  • "no unclean thing can inherit the kingdom of God; but they are cast out"
ALMA 41
  • "raised to immortality, corruption to incorruption—raised to endless happiness to inherit the kingdom of God, or to endless misery to inherit the kingdom of the devil, the one on one hand, the other on the other"
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’m personally looking forward to Donald Ducking it
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:59 pm
I Have Questions wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:57 pm
This conflicts with the Alma scripture that Oaks quoted
How’s that?

Regards,
MG

Let me explain something to you. Okay?

The Book of Mormon is at variance with later doctrines in which Smith developed as he shifted into new religious concepts of heaven and hell. Smith left the Book of Mormon in the dust (no pun intended) and realized that adopting the teachings of a letter that Saint Paul sent to the Corinthians would better suit his purposes in getting one over Protestant and Catholic theology of eternal hellfire and damnation. Smith wanted to find a way to move Mormonism into a progressive state in which new doctrines could excite his followers and attract more.

Celestial vs. Terrestrial? That is NOT a Book of Mormon concept at all! It is Smith apostatizing from his earlier views and understanding of heaven and hell. First of all, Celestial refers to heaven where God and angels dwell. it is NOT of this earth. A biblical resurrection taught by Jesus is all Celestial for those who go to heaven or all damnation for those who go to hell to dwell with Satan, forever and ever. Those who are celestially resurrected would inherit the kingdom of God and live with God and angels forever in the Celestial realms of heaven. The damned go to hell, forever, and ever, for all eternity.

Terrestrial? That has do do with earth, NOT heaven! There is no Terrestrial resurrection! Resurrection is not of the earth, terrestrial, but is of heaven which is celestial.

Websters 1828 wrote:TERRES'TRIAL, adjective [Latin terrestris, from terra, the earth.]

1. Pertaining to the earth; existing on the earth; as terrestrial animals; bodies terrestrial 1 Corinthians 15:40.

2. Consisting of earth; as the terrestrial globe.

3. Pertaining to the world, or to the present state; sublunary. Death puts and end to all terrestrial scenes.

Have I made my f-ing point, MG?

Hell yeah, baby.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

President Nelson is just another bully who threatens everyone that unless they believe as he does and practice as he does they cannot enter into Celestial glory or live among God in the stars of heaven.

Nelson, you sir, are a total ass. I can't stand you and certainly would not want to be in your presence. You give me the creeps, sir. You are not a good person. I can see that. I can feel that. I know it.

I so testify,

Amen.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:04 pm
The Book of Mormon teaches an infinite atonement which overcomes ALL limitations, short comings and sins. An infinite atonement makes hash of this kind of theology which inspires fear and guilt. I don't buy it.

I don't buy it either. One must take the teachings of Jesus as given in our New Testament with a grain of salt because his own teaching of blasphemy against the holy Spirit being unforgivable certainly precludes an infinite atonement that covers all sin! So, not even Jesus with his infinite atonement could forgive all!

Checkmate, Jesus. You lose.

;)

PS. I forgive myself and that is all that really counts! Love ourselves. Forgive ourselves. Forgive others too. THAT is the real gospel. Nobody has to die for someone else to get sins forgiven. Nor do animals have to be butchered and burnt on altars as some kind of symbolic sacrifice.

Religion really can be a sick way to go. No thanks!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:28 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:59 pm
How’s that?

Regards,
MG
Let me explain something to you. Okay?

The Book of Mormon is at variance with later doctrines in which Smith developed as he shifted into new religious concepts of heaven and hell. Smith left the Book of Mormon in the dust (no pun intended) and realized that adopting the teachings of a letter that Saint Paul sent to the Corinthians would better suit his purposes in getting one over Protestant and Catholic theology of eternal hellfire and damnation. Smith wanted to find a way to move Mormonism into a progressive state in which new doctrines could excite his followers and attract more...
I've heard bits and pieces of this but you pulled it together nicely, thank you.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:11 pm
I've heard bits and pieces of this but you pulled it together nicely, thank you.

You are very welcome.

The whole concept of using the word "Terrestrial" in association with resurrection in heaven is a complete contradiction of terms. Earth is earth and heaven is heaven. They are two different places altogether. In the strictest of terms it means Smith mistakenly or ignorantly classed the Terrestrial Kingdom as being literally the globe in which we live today, planet earth. It was a mistake to incorporate that term in defining the state or realm in which the resurrected reside. But Smith screwed up and it went right over his head. But he doesn't fool me because I'm Shulem the Great! All hail Shulem!

:lol: