Fact Checking Nelson's Tithing Story

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gabriel
Deacon

Re: Fact Checking Nelson's Tithing Story

Post by Gabriel »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:41 pm
For numerologists, it may be notable that Nelson's badge number 60278 is June 2, 1978. That date is 1 day after the June 1 revelation to end the priesthood ban was given. The revelation would be announced on June 9, 1978 at general conference. Perhaps, in the course of events, Nelson was consulted or given a preview of the revelation to be announced on June 2, being as he was Church Sunday School president at the time and would sit on the stand a week later when the revelation was announced. Is it possible Nelson's future calling, and the end of the priesthood ban, were prophesied his medical residency badge number?
Good Doctor,

I know that you are being facetious about the numerology stuff. Nevertheless, for the record: June 9, 1978 was when the Priesthood Proclamation was announced to the world. Being very much a Youth of a Noble Birthright kind of guy, Nelson was out of the loop in its behind-the-scenes decision-making process. It was only after the doctrine was reiterated later that September in General Conference that Nelson received his heavenly visits from Harold B. Lee.

But, in keeping with the significance of Nelson's badge number 60278, Nelson was in Mexico on that date. As such, I believe that Nelson's primary intention in sharing his 15-dollar-tithing story was to let the Saints who sell tacos on the streets of Tijuana know that their prophet has been there, done that, and understands what they're going through. A good bonding moment both for the laity and the unpaid clergy. (But, I may be wrong.)
Russell M. Nelson wrote: June 2—Dantzel and I went to Mexico City with Addie Fuhriman of the Relief Society General Board for meetings under the direction of Regional Representative Ronald Stone and his wife, Pat.
June 7—We flew to Tikal to see the remnants of an ancient American civilization that existed there from 600 B.C. to A.D. 800 or so.

June 8—We went to Chichicastenango and later spent the night at Lago Atitlan, one of the most beautiful lakes we’ve ever seen.

June 9—While we were attending a cultural meeting on the evening prior to regional meetings in Quetzaltenango, news of the revelation enabling blacks to hold the priesthood was announced to us by President Juan O’Donnell.
From Heart to Heart, p. 386
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Tithing Story =~ variant

Post by High Spy »

60278 may also represent February 6 depending on date format. :idea:

2448, 448, 48 occasionally appears as 844 which too could represent April 8 2024.

https://slogbog.com/viewtopic.php?p=2363#p2363 supplies an example.

Are the badge numbers of church employees a public record. :?:

Fresh warm cupcakes are calling my name. 😋