Epic Movie About Moroni Starring Billy Zane

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Epic Movie About Moroni Starring Billy Zane

Post by Kishkumen »

I’ll see it. It might be fun.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

Everybody Wang Chung, I will endeavor to drop by the cafe after the show. I must admit that the Hot Hamburger on Toast ($10.25) and the Malibu Chicken (Ham and Swiss Cheese) ($8.50) sound decadent.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

The trailer makes me want to see it!
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:54 pm
I’ll see it. It might be fun.
Does this mean that there will be an on-campus screening? I hope so. It’s been a few years since I’ve visited Cassius.

The Oath grossed $233,000 during opening weekend. Not bad, but a movie thirteen years in the making needs to do better if there is any chance of worldwide distribution.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Tom wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:01 am
Does this mean that there will be an on-campus screening? I hope so. It’s been a few years since I’ve visited Cassius.

The Oath grossed $233,000 during opening weekend. Not bad, but a movie thirteen years in the making needs to do better if there is any chance of worldwide distribution.
I’ll definitely ask Dean Robbers about having a screening in the Brutus Memorial Rectory!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

I regret to report that The Oath is now playing in a single theater, in Lethbridge, Canada. Box Office Mojo puts the movie’s gross at a disappointing $496,817.

Did you catch a screening, Reverend?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Ouch. Not even half a mil. This must be a rough pill to swallow, when you are making a much more comparatively boring movie about Brigham Young.

69 Days of Sodom in September, or whatever DCP is calling it, must surely be a straight-to-home-video affair now.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Trailer looks interesting. I hate how movies have that sound that makes it impossible to listen to. It's like a loud wind tunnel sound. I need subtitles.