Epic Movie About Moroni Starring Billy Zane

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Epic Movie About Moroni Starring Billy Zane

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

The Oath hits theaters on December 8th. It stars Billy Zane (from Back To The Future films, Titanic and The Phantom) and several other famous actors. It is directed by veteran producer Darrin Scott (who also had a small role in DCP's commercial and critical failure, Witnesses). https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18925050/f ... t_ov_st_sm

Darrin Scott has been a presenter at FIRM conventions, and it's clear watching the trailer that this film will be 100% supporting the Heartlanders. There is even a shot of Hill Cumorah in the distance, behind thousands of Lamanite warriors. No doubt, this film will cause heartburn among the Mopologists. Enjoy the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpEHhGjQPH4
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
tagriffy
Deacon

Re: Epic Movie About Moroni Starring Billy Zane

Post by tagriffy »

I'm probably not going to be able to see it in theaters, but it does look interesting!
Timothy A. Griffy
http://tagriffy.blogspot.com

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

American conservatives are a paradox (if you want to be polite) or soulless expedient cynics (if you want to be accurate).--TheCriticalMind
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

My gosh, it looks lame.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:09 pm
My gosh, it looks lame.
Pretty much par for the course when it comes to Mormon cinema.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Billy Zane looks awesome. For real. On god. No cap.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The Interpreter has its work cut out for it in badmouthing this movie.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
tagriffy
Deacon

Post by tagriffy »

That by itself would make it worth seeing.
Timothy A. Griffy
http://tagriffy.blogspot.com

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

American conservatives are a paradox (if you want to be polite) or soulless expedient cynics (if you want to be accurate).--TheCriticalMind
Wonhyo
CTR A

Post by Wonhyo »

Is it just me, or is Billy Zane's character speaking English with a stereotypical 18th century pirate accent?
"There is no path to happiness. Happiness is the path.”
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

Looking at the ratings on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I fear that a zealous contingent of rabid anti-Mormons is trying to dig an early grave for the epic film by review bombing it without having seen it. This film simply doesn’t deserve this type of unethical treatment. (I admit to being somewhat “tee-o-ed” by this situation.)

As for me and my house, my soulmate and I are planning to catch a matinee showing in Koosharem this Saturday. I hope you’ll join us (not necessarily during the same showing).
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Tom wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:15 pm
Looking at the ratings on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I fear that a zealous contingent of rabid anti-Mormons is trying to dig an early grave for the epic film by review bombing it without having seen it. This film simply doesn’t deserve this type of unethical treatment. (I admit to being somewhat “tee-o-ed” by this situation.)

As for me and my house, my soulmate and I are planning to catch a matinee showing in Koosharem this Saturday. I hope you’ll join us (not necessarily during the same showing).
Tom, thank you for alerting us to the unethical treatment this film is receiving. I'm heading over to Rottentomatoes/IMDB to give it a 5 Star review, even though I haven't seen the film yet.

ETA Tom, if you are fortunate enough to stop by the Koosharem Cafe with your soulmate, please leave a review. Here was a recent (PG-13) review posted on Yelp for the Koosharem Cafe, that shows just how beloved this place is:
"Oh, Koosharem Cafe, with walls of white,

Your burgers and house salad with ranch, bring my mouth delight.

The taco salad with Velveeta is pure perfection,

Gives me a taste bud erection.

The fries, give me a sack, give me a case, or give me a crate

Get me to Koosharem Cafe so my tongue can masturbate."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014