Mitt Romney said No to an Apostle

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Re: Mitt Romney said No to an Apostle

Post by I Have Questions »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:25 am
I Have Questions wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:53 am
I think the anecdote also spotlights how Apostles seek to get others to do their dirty work so that they, the Apostles, can retain plausible deniability.
That's the first thing that jumped out at me, too. With all the church's resources, why didn't he just do it himself?
Plausible deniability if it blows up? I wonder just how many times the Apostles have operated on a wink and a nudge basis to get members to do their dirty work for them? I'm guessing members would be very disappointed if they knew how the Apostles operated and behaved day to day when not in front of a congregation or on a photo op...
MG 2.0
God

Re: Mitt Romney said No to an Apostle

Post by MG 2.0 »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:30 pm
MG: Different factions/parties throwing basically the same criticisms at each other.
Did you see this Kishkumen? When will it end? Just as you are criticizing Donald Trump and company for trying to steal the election, Donald Trump and his supporters, including MG, are accusing "the left" of trying to steal the election.

Can't we agree to disagree and just get along?
It doesn’t seem to be going that direction. By the way, I’m more of an Independent in my political views. I voted for Mitt Romney and would vote for him again in a heartbeat if he was up against Trump. Sadly, the American people have made their choices and here we are in a very unstable society and position in the world.

And barbs will continue to be thrown by the left and the right without reconciliation being an option. Although there are many that would have it otherwise. Agents of compromise. Their voices are being drowned out by strident voices on both sides of the political spectrum.

As long as we have polarizing voices such as gadianton’s it is going to be very difficult to come together.

Regards,
MG