DCP Takes Aim at Everybody Wang Chung

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

DCP Takes Aim at Everybody Wang Chung

Post by Doctor Scratch »

I noticed that, over at "SeN," Dr. Peterson has been posting his usual travelogues, but it turns out that even adventures abroad are not enough to deter him from pursuing a vendetta. He writes:
I posted the item below on Monday and again on Tuesday. I’m posting it yet again just to ensure that Everybody’s WC has had full opportunity to see it. When I first encountered his explanation that he hates me because of my supposedly vicious campaign to harm an anonymous friend of his, I thought that he might, for once, be expressing a sincere (if mistaken and misguided) sentiment. That’s still a theoretical possibility, I suppose. Given his long track record, though, I’m much more inclined to believe that he’s either been played by somebody or — by far the more likely explanation — that it’s just another of his malignant fictions about me:
I’ve been mildly puzzled for years now about the hostile personal fixation that some pseudonymous folks over at the Peterson Obsession Board seem to have on me. Well, I finally have a clue with regard to one of them — the one that I’ve identified here as Everybody’s WC — who claims that he hates me because of a multiyear crusade of defamation and slander and ceaseless personal attacks that I conducted against his best friend in an attempt to get that friend fired. Having seen the stress, the hurt, and the frustration that his friend and his friend’s family suffered over those years, Everybody’s WC has concluded that I am, in his words, “pure evil.”

That would be a somewhat understandable reaction, I suppose, if a bit overwrought. But I have literally no idea what he’s talking about. I can think of no such case. Even after searching through all of the dim recesses of my mind, I can’t think of any instance in which I’ve ever sought to have anybody fired. Moreover, I can’t even imagine myself doing such a thing. What on earth does he have in mind?

I really would like to know. Seriously. So I invite him, or some surrogate for him, either to contact me privately or to post something here in the comments section so that I can understand his accusation. As it is, I haven’t the foggiest idea.
Perhaps you're curious about the backstory to this. It turns out that it originates up in the Celestial Forum, where Dr. Cam poses a question to Everybody Wang Chung:
Dr. Cam wrote:Everybody Wang Chung,

Real talk. Why do you dislike Peterson so much?

- Doc
Everybody Wang Chung replies:
Good question. I've told my story to Dr. Shades in person over lunch before, but long story short, DCP actively tried to get my best friend fired. It wasn't a one-off attempt, but a multi-year long crusade of defamation, slander and personal attack after personal attack. I saw the stress, hurt and frustration my friend and his family suffered through for years. In my book, DCP is pure evil.

In addition to actively trying to destroy my best friend's reputation and career, you have the constant plagiarism, racism, homophobia, misogyny and lying. Take your pick.

Plus, he is such an easy target with his fake accent, ridiculous Interpreter articles and gawd-awful movies.
A couple of thoughts. First, why should Everybody Wang Chung be expected to expose his friend? DCP often states plainly that he won't identify the people he's hanging out with because he doesn't want them to get criticized. It seems rather hypocritical for him to demand that others do what he's unwilling to do. Second, he says that this is either "mistaken and misguided" that that Everybody Wang Chung is engaging in "another of his malignant fictions." So why bother asking? If he's either likely lying or telling the truth but is "mistaken and misguided," then why bother at all?

Regardless, it's pretty easy to "clear the fog" for Professor Peterson, since there have been scores of people that he's "gone after" or was cruel to--either personally, or via an email campaign (either alone or with his L-Skinny cronies), or that he oversaw in an editorial capacity. Could it be Grant Palmer, for example? Or John Dehlin? Maybe it was a Mormon Transhumanist? Maybe it's Jonathan Neville? David Bokovoy? Brian Hauglid? James White? The list goes on and on and on.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Re: DCP Takes Aim at Everybody Wang Chung

Post by I Have Questions »

My take on this is to see the desperate need for attention from Peterson, posting the same thing three days in a row because he didn’t an instant response on this board, which he can then point to as victimising him. That’s desperate. He really needs this board for his own validation, which he clearly doesn’t get from the comments section of his blog.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It’s really sad that Daniel had to post this 3 times to finally get the attention he wanted.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I Have Questions wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:56 pm
My take on this is to see the desperate need for attention from Peterson, posting the same thing three days in a row because he didn’t an instant response on this board, which he can then point to as victimising him. That’s desperate. He really needs this board for his own validation, which he clearly doesn’t get from the comments section of his blog.
Huh. A hit dog will holler, I guess.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

I Have Questions wrote:
Yes, he does need this board. For quite a while now, he's posted weirdly controversial things just to get attention. I have no doubt that is what this is.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Marcus wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:27 pm
I Have Questions wrote:
Yes, he does need this board. For quite a while now, he's posted weirdly controversial things just to get attention. I have no doubt that is what this is.
He's addicted to getting mentions on this board. This is the most overt cry out for our attention that I've seen from him, and I expect it comes from a consequence of this board starting lots of interesting threads that don't involve him. He's reacting like a jilted lover that just can't let go.

Everybody Wang Jung is obviously living in Peterson's head rent-free.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

“Daniel” wrote: Well, I’ve finally elicited an acknowledgment from several of his confrères, though not from Everybody’s WC himself. And the reactions are just what I would have predicted: I generally ignore Everybody Wang Chung’s malicious confections but, in every case where I’ve bothered to publicly deny or contradict his tales, the response has been silence from Everybody Wang Chung and, from his enablers, a rallying around the poor fellow. I’m obsessed with him and can’t leave him alone, his posts have really hit a nerve, I’m moaning and whining, and so forth. Whatever.
More attention seeking. Noteworthy that he didn’t mention that largest criticism of him- because it’s true.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

In a rare moment of honesty, Dorkenpork posts on his Peterson’s Obsession Board the following:
As for the conclusion reached by Everybody’s WC, that I’m “pure evil,” well, I’m not going to deny it. The characterization could well be entirely accurate. Indeed, it probably is.
Obviously.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:42 pm
In a rare moment of honesty, Dorkenpork posts on his Peterson’s Obsession Board the following:
As for the conclusion reached by Everybody’s WC, that I’m “pure evil,” well, I’m not going to deny it. The characterization could well be entirely accurate. Indeed, it probably is.
Obviously.

- Doc
Funny how when he lists his 'supposed' evils, he doesn't include serial plagiarism. Is he afraid people might read the thread?
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

He also seems to have conveniently forgotten his years long campaign to ridicule the memory of Christopher Hitchens.