St. Brigham at Sic et Non

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: St. Brigham at Sic et Non

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:58 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:28 am
I also heard rumors that Bill Hamblin became disillusioned with the Church, and DCP even insinuated that Hamblin was “shacking up” with a new love interest when he died.
It's no secret that Bill Hamblin has a sibling who is a well-known English professor at UVU. This sibling left the Church a few years before Bill died, but is still active in publishing and research related to Mormon history.

I've worked indirectly on a few projects with Bill's sibling and it was confirmed that Bill had a very "uneasy" and "contentious" relationship with the Church before he died.

I really wish Bill had lived a few more years. I would have loved to have seen him post here, much like former apologists, Philo and Shulem. Just think of all the inside information he could have shared.
DCP has been posting cherry picked private emails from him recently.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

It's no secret that Bill Hamblin has a sibling who is a well-known English professor at UVU.
Is this sibling female? If so, she was one of my professors a little over 20 years ago.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Flemming
Valiant A

Post by Flemming »

drumdude wrote: DCP has been posting cherry picked private emails from him recently.
Where? I don’t see any recently on his blog.
Flemming
Valiant A

Post by Flemming »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:38 pm
It's no secret that Bill Hamblin has a sibling who is a well-known English professor at UVU.
Is this sibling female? If so, she was one of my professors a little over 20 years ago.
She was there when I did some projects with her as well. Several projects. Important projects. Project stuff, you know, you probably wouldn’t understand.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Flemming wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:41 pm
Project stuff, you know, you probably wouldn’t understand.
That's right. The concept of a "project" is completely outside my wheelhouse.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:38 pm
Yes.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Flemming
Valiant A

Post by Flemming »

Dr. Shades wrote: That's right. The concept of a "project" is completely outside my wheelhouse.
Do you have a “wheelhouse?”