Thanks for the conversations.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Thanks for the conversations.

Post by Kishkumen »

I Have Questions wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:48 am
I might have missed something that you spotted. Do you have an example of where MG made an important contribution? I get that the forum would benefit from credible pro Mormon arguments, and well thought out defences of the topics that are discussed. But I don’t recollect MG ever providing that.

Grindael was an important voice here, and MG disgracefully and unrepentantly stalked him to his last breath. Was that one of MG’s important contributions to the board?
MG is representing the LDS perspective as best he knows how, and there aren’t many other defenders of the faith around here. I think his contributions are valuable. Nevo comes here occasionally, but he doesn’t really represent the “TBM” viewpoint.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

MG is only leaving to save face after he told me I didn't have a life, and I pointed out he only had 2 posts fewer than I did and has been here half as long under his current revision (which honestly, hasn't added many features to the 1.0 release). I have a feeling he'll be back eventually, with his eye closely watching my post counter and will post again when he has some headroom. This could be positive, as it might encourage him to think a little bit more about what he writes. We honestly don't know what MG is capable of if he were to put effort into at least some level of consistency. If he goes out and does more Mormon things and takes his Mormon life to the next level, then good for him. If, however, leaving the board means he consumes another 2 hours of OANN every day, then I'm just pointing out it won't be an improvement in life quality.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Hey MG
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:23 pm
I wish everyone well in your own life journey and may good fortune come your way.
Thanks.

I wish the same for you and yours.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:45 pm
If, however, leaving the board means he consumes another 2 hours of OANN every day, then I'm just pointing out it won't be an improvement in life quality.
Definitely do not watch that swill, MG, or anything like unto it.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Another option would be to just ask to be excused from the table/thread because you're full, want to go watch the game...whatever, instead of going with the - hiatus from the board scenario. That might better keep your options open, keep your hands free.

I say this because actually I was hoping you would drop in on my thread and give a take on why you think the Book of Mormon was essential for the restoration. If you were to make a visit I would contract with you to go back and edit out any snarky-ness toward the church I might have embedded in it.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Walk in Beauty, MG.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.