BYP: FollowFollowFollowFollow

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Equality
CTR B

BYP: FollowFollowFollowFollow

Post by Equality »

I kept seeing references to BYP so I finally went to the channel and watched the 90-minute replay of a recent livestream. Thoroughly entertaining. I about busted a gut when the Professor broke into a sing-songy "followfollowfollowfollow" routine. Here's a clip that seems to me folks more imaginative and creative than I could use for meme-ification:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxjDHbhLGKiy ... YbLS2eUzyb
drumdude
God

Re: BYP: FollowFollowFollowFollow

Post by drumdude »

It still sickens me to hear children singing

Follow the prophet, follow the prophet,
Follow the prophet; don’t go astray.
Follow the prophet; he knows the way.

It’s just brainwashing and creating gullible morons who must overcome their programming to rejoin the rest of society who would never follow any of that bs without childhood indoctrination.
Last edited by drumdude on Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boomer57
Sunbeam

Post by Boomer57 »

Equality wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:52 pm
I kept seeing references to BYP so I finally went to the channel and watched the 90-minute replay of a recent livestream. Thoroughly entertaining. I about busted a gut when the Professor broke into a sing-songy "followfollowfollowfollow" routine. Here's a clip that seems to me folks more imaginative and creative than I could use for meme-ification:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxjDHbhLGKiy ... YbLS2eUzyb
BYP is a scholar and a legend (and a hoot!). Well worth tuning in...
' :idea: Give me truth and clarity, not fluff and charity'
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

It just came right off the top of my head too, so I went with it wondering where it would end up.... I love it when that happens, far too rarely, but thanks for the comments alls yous guys.....it is fun!
BeNotDeceived
Priest

Post by BeNotDeceived »

I'd rather sing 'Follow the Prophet' than 'Praise to the Man'... the latter makes you wanna hurl! :lol: :x
tagriffy
Deacon

Post by tagriffy »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:17 pm
It still sickens me to hear children singing

Follow the prophet; don’t go astray.
Follow the prophet; he knows the way.

It’s just brainwashing and creating gullible morons who must overcome their programming to rejoin the rest of society who would never follow any of that bs without childhood indoctrination.
That's one I'll hum ... after pointing out Brigham Young called the Republican Party the Devil's party.
Timothy A. Griffy
http://tagriffy.blogspot.com

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

American conservatives are a paradox (if you want to be polite) or soulless expedient cynics (if you want to be accurate).--TheCriticalMind
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

tagriffy wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:29 pm
That's one I'll hum ... after pointing out Brigham Young called the Republican Party the Devil's party.
Well, I guess he was right. His timing was really off, but his words certainly ring true today.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:51 pm
tagriffy wrote:
Well, I guess he was right. His timing was really off, but his words certainly ring true today.
You can imagine what he would think of the Modern LDS church.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:51 pm
tagriffy wrote:
My dear friend, Kish - I have years of personal experience to lean on that tells me that you are way better than this. Way better!
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

Boomer57 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:17 pm
BYP is a scholar and a legend (and a hoot!). Well worth tuning in...
Agreed but in person he is better or worse depending on your point of view and heavy on the hoot.