The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2023

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2023

Post by Marcus »

Flemming wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:21 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:50 am
It happened at least twice, by two different Mopologist creeps. DCP was not one of them, though.
Okay so *not* DCP.

Contacting someone’s employer or messing with their real life is despicable.
Yes, it is. Several years ago, after Lemmie thoroughly documented Peterson's plagiarism, he stated on his blog she was attacking him, after which he announced that Smoky, a known neo-nazi poster, had told him who Lemmie was. After labeling her as his enemy who had unfairly attacked him, :roll: , Peterson posted on his site (incorrectly, of course) the bogus information from Smoky: her department, the university she worked for, her specialization. The implication was clear, he wanted her attacked.

Of course, very quickly he realized his mistake and took down the information. If you ask him today I'm sure he would deny it, but archives on the web last forever.

As do the archives of Peterson's plagiarism.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Morley wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:59 am
Flemming wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:44 am
Oh come one, why be mean?

What is a “Stak?”
Why be so disingenuous?
Wait....Are there still people who haven't put Flemming/Sledge/A.F. and all his other sock puppets on ignore? Good Lord! Do yourself a favor and do it immediately.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I call BS on whatever that means, too.
Why don't you instead ask Dan if he calls BS on it?
Flemming
Valiant A

Post by Flemming »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:19 am
Morley wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:59 am
Why be so disingenuous?
Wait....Are there still people who haven't put Flemming/Sledge/A.F. and all his other sock puppets on ignore? Good Lord! Do yourself a favor and do it immediately.
Sorry, did I offend you with something in particular?

Edit: I’ve verified with the moderators that I have and had no other identities here. So that bully tactic won’t work.
Last edited by Flemming on Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flemming
Valiant A

Post by Flemming »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:10 am
Yes, it is. Several years ago, after Lemmie thoroughly documented Peterson's plagiarism, he stated on his blog she was attacking him, after which he announced that Smoky, a known neo-nazi poster, had told him who Lemmie was. After labeling her as his enemy who had unfairly attacked him, :roll: , Peterson posted on his site (incorrectly, of course) the bogus information from Smoky: her department, the university she worked for, her specialization. The implication was clear, he wanted her attacked.

Of course, very quickly he realized his mistake and took down the information. If you ask him today I'm sure he would deny it, but archives on the web last forever.

Of course if that’s true it’s despicable. I can’t find it though, and I don’t know Dan other than from his blog (and I rarely read the comments/drama).
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Flemming wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:56 am
Marcus wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:10 am

Of course if that’s true it’s despicable. I can’t find it though, and I don’t know Dan other than from his blog (and I rarely read the comments/drama).
You can't find what?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

malkie wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:20 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:53 am
The late Bill Hamblin did it to me (meaning he threatened to contact my dean)! I was also told that another apologist had contacted my chair, but I never bothered to confirm it.
It was you I was thinking of, Rev - I didn't want to mention you specifically in case you'd have preferred the incident not be talked about.
It also happened to someone other than the Reverend.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:20 am
Dr. Stak wasn't so lucky.
I didn't know that Stak was targeted professionally by the Mopologist thugs. :(
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I guess not all wards had the budget for this poster back in the day:

Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Flemming wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:44 am
Oh come one, why be mean?

What is a “Stak?”
Come one, come all!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow