The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2023

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2023

Post by Marcus »

Morley wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:59 am
Flemming wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:44 am
Oh come one, why be mean?

What is a “Stak?”
Why be so disingenuous?
:roll: And obvious.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

These annual Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics are becoming epic events and are being discussed far and wide in Mormondom.

From the hallowed halls of the COB to the ivory towers at BYU, the Top Ten lists are being discussed, analyzed and enjoyed by tens of thousands.

These are important public records and will stand as monuments for the foibles, failures and fraud of Mopologetics.

Because of Dr. Scratch’s hard work, generations will be entertained and educated.

Thank you Dr. Scratch.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:37 pm
These annual Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics are becoming epic events and are being discussed far and wide in Mormondom.

From the hallowed halls of the COB to the ivory towers at BYU, the Top Ten lists are being discussed, analyzed and enjoyed by tens of thousands.

These are important public records and will stand as monuments for the foibles, failures and fraud of Mopologetics.

Because of Dr. Scratch’s hard work, generations will be entertained and educated.

Thank you Dr. Scratch.
I think we should inscribe them on gold plates, so that they will last long enough to be translated thousands of years later with a rock in a hat.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:10 pm

Thank you Dr. Scratch.
I think we should inscribe them on gold plates, so that they will last long enough to be translated thousands of years later with a rock in a hat.
Can we please use regular English rather than reformed English please?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:13 am
drumdude wrote:
Perhaps on the sealed portion?
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Philo Sofee wrote:
drumdude wrote:
I cannot believe that you, of all people, are not crying out for them to be "handed down and altered by us, according to our manner of speech" since "none other people knoweth our language."

Clearly they should be written in Arabic that has been transliterated to the Deseret alphabet.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Everybody Wang Chung
God

drumdude wrote:

Thank you Dr. Scratch.
We could also mummify Louis Midgley’s remains and create a funerary papyri that has absolutely nothing to do with the Top Ten lists, to be buried with Louis. Maybe someday thousands of years from now, a young horny treasure digger will “translate” them and create a religion.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

malkie wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:43 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
I cannot believe that you, of all people, are not crying out for them to be "handed down and altered by us, according to our manner of speech" since "none other people knoweth our language."

Clearly they should be written in Arabic that has been transliterated to the Deseret alphabet.
:lol:
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:29 am

5. Book of Mormon Central Has a Payroll of Over $1 Million

The Mopologists have always been extraordinarily touchy when it comes to the question of funding, with Dr. Peterson blustering with blind rage anytime someone points out that he was paid more than $20,000 to serves as Chair of FARMS in the late 1990s. The Mopologists have frequently tried to portray their activities as something of a shoestring operation--run completely off of the labor of volunteers, and even turning down a measly $500 honorarium for their service--which, they claim, is substantial (see item 8 above, for example). But money is clearly exchanging hands. The funding for Interpreter's two motion picture projects has been kept tightly under wraps for reasons no one seems to understand.

Meanwhile, an examination of Book of Mormon Central's 990 tax forms revealed a shocking piece of information: namely, that the amount for their "Other wages and salaries" exceeds $1 million. Who on earth is getting paid to do this Mopologetic work? John Welch works closely with the organization, and a number of noteworthy Mopologists have contributed to the project over the years. Were they all paid? Hypocritically, the Mopologists have frequently targeted "Mom and Pop" evangelical critics for being in it strictly "for the money"--Midgley's "old cash nexus," as it were. And in the "Comments" section at SeN, Midgley once let it slip that the Church was clandestinely diverting money to help fund various Mopologetic organizations--including Interpreter and FAIR--which means that tithing dollars are being spent on smear piece and the ongoing war with the Heartlanders.

Book of Mormon Central is now reporting a current payroll of almost $2 million. Their payroll has almost doubled. Crazy. https://www.causeiq.com/organizations/v ... 8e6011dd0a

How many employees does Book of Mormon Central have to justify a payroll of almost 2 million? 50 employees? 60 employees?

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:26 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:29 am

5. Book of Mormon Central Has a Payroll of Over $1 Million

The Mopologists have always been extraordinarily touchy when it comes to the question of funding, with Dr. Peterson blustering with blind rage anytime someone points out that he was paid more than $20,000 to serves as Chair of FARMS in the late 1990s. The Mopologists have frequently tried to portray their activities as something of a shoestring operation--run completely off of the labor of volunteers, and even turning down a measly $500 honorarium for their service--which, they claim, is substantial (see item 8 above, for example). But money is clearly exchanging hands. The funding for Interpreter's two motion picture projects has been kept tightly under wraps for reasons no one seems to understand.

Meanwhile, an examination of Book of Mormon Central's 990 tax forms revealed a shocking piece of information: namely, that the amount for their "Other wages and salaries" exceeds $1 million. Who on earth is getting paid to do this Mopologetic work? John Welch works closely with the organization, and a number of noteworthy Mopologists have contributed to the project over the years. Were they all paid? Hypocritically, the Mopologists have frequently targeted "Mom and Pop" evangelical critics for being in it strictly "for the money"--Midgley's "old cash nexus," as it were. And in the "Comments" section at SeN, Midgley once let it slip that the Church was clandestinely diverting money to help fund various Mopologetic organizations--including Interpreter and FAIR--which means that tithing dollars are being spent on smear piece and the ongoing war with the Heartlanders.

Book of Mormon Central is now reporting a current payroll of almost $2 million. Their payroll has almost doubled. Crazy. https://www.causeiq.com/organizations/v ... 8e6011dd0a

How many employees does Book of Mormon Central have to justify a payroll of almost 2 million? 50 employees? 60 employees?
Nowhere near that number…
https://bookofmormoncentral.org/directory

How much do Scott Gordon and Jeff Bradshaw cream from that $2 million?