Is this question a highly sensitive topic?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Is this question a highly sensitive topic?

Post by Marcus »

markc wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:36 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:30 pm
I've heard RFM mods are (the RFM mod is) heavy-handed. I think I registered there but then didn't post.
Yeah, seems like that.
That was the very first site i landed on when searching for other exmos online. After a bit, i somehow found this site also, and it seemed much more conducive to the conversations i was hoping for, so this became my go-to site. I still do check in on rfm very occasionally, but it is very difficult to navigate. So many topics are off limits, and its organizational structure is a nightmare!!

The reddits (Mormon and exmormon) are useful for keeping up with news items, but with so many users it is hard to establish ongoing relationships and conversations. I noticed chino blanco has started r/best of exmormon, and that's really helpful for reading useful stories while bypassing the everpresent memes.

This site seems to hit the sweet spot for conversation with fellow exmos, at least for me, so welcome, mark, hope you find good conversations and a satisfying experience here!
markc
Star A

Post by markc »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:27 am
That was the very first site i landed on when searching for other exmos online. After a bit, i somehow found this site also, and it seemed much more conducive to the conversations i was hoping for, so this became my go-to site. I still do check in on rfm very occasionally, but it is very difficult to navigate. So many topics are off limits, and its organizational structure is a nightmare!!

The reddits (Mormon and exmormon) are useful for keeping up with news items, but with so many users it is hard to establish ongoing relationships and conversations. I noticed chino blanco has started r/best of exmormon, and that's really helpful for reading useful stories while bypassing the everpresent memes.

This site seems to hit the sweet spot for conversation with fellow exmos, at least for me, so welcome, mark, hope you find good conversations and a satisfying experience here!
Thanks! I actually feel the same way too; it seems here is more welcoming and easier to use. Though some people over RfM seem to be quite nice too.

And thanks for the information about Reddit. Though I've had some issues with some subreddits' moderators (again, power play), so I'm a bit unsure. I might give it a try though.
markc
Star A

Post by markc »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:48 pm
He’s not Markk. I read Dr. Chu’s blog a bit just now. His story is there in bits and pieces.
Actually, do I know you? No one online calls me Dr. Chu...
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

markc wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:48 am
Marcus wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:27 am

Thanks! I actually feel the same way too; it seems here is more welcoming and easier to use. Though some people over RfM seem to be quite nice too.

And thanks for the information about Reddit. Though I've had some issues with some subreddits' moderators (again, power play), so I'm a bit unsure. I might give it a try though.
You're welcome. Posting at reddit seems like an olympic level sport unto itself(!), so I mostly just read at Reddit. I follow the NBA so reading those threads is very informative also. But definitely try out the relatively new r/best of exmormon, they really seem determined to distill exmo happenings in a helpful way.
markc
Star A

Post by markc »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:00 am
You're welcome. Posting at reddit seems like an olympic level sport unto itself(!), so I mostly just read at Reddit. I follow the NBA so reading those threads is very informative also. But definitely try out the relatively new r/best of exmormon, they really seem determined to distill exmo happenings in a helpful way.
Got it, I'll try it. Appreciate it.

You follow the NBA? If you're for Lebron, then I'm sorry I have to say I'm not a fan. He's good that's no doubt, but I don't like him jumping around teams. That's just an easy way out. So sorry, but I hope the Lakers lose tonight... :) but it seems they might win. Sigh.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

highly sensitive topic

Post by High Spy »

markc wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:27 am

Hi all, I'm a newbie here so most likely need some guidance, I hope I don't offend anyone with my question.

… When I posted on the RfM boardroom, twice the question got deleted.
Newbie =~ NewBeeError =~ always save you posts in a text editor, rather than let those that practice unrighteous dominion erase history. For greater credence, take screen shots or make multiple posts on various boards, like when spy said BUCKLE UP, You’re in for a WILD RIDE.

https://slogbog.com/search.php?keywords=384 Will show how 384 combined 38 with 84 and their attendant meaning. 8-)

The first (oldest) hit will appear last in the displayed list of search results. :idea:

Anyway, me MakerBee Tribute post was posted in four places, because admins and some mods can do stuff transparently.
Last edited by High Spy on Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
markc
Star A

Re: highly sensitive topic

Post by markc »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:33 am
Newbie =~ NewBeeError =~ always save you posts in a text editor, rather than let those that practice unrighteous dominion erase history. For greater credence take screen shots or make multiple posts on various boards, like when spy said BUCKLE UP, You’re in for a WILD RIDE.

https://slogbog.com/search.php?keywords=384 Will show how 384 combined 38 with 84 and their attendant meaning. 8-)

The first (oldest) hit will appear last in the displayed list of search results. :idea:

Anyway, me MakerBee Tribute post was posted in four places, because admins and some mods can do stuff transparently.
Thanks for the information! Appreciate it. :D
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

markc wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:16 am
Marcus wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:00 am
Got it, I'll try it. Appreciate it.

You follow the NBA? If you're for Lebron, then I'm sorry I have to say I'm not a fan. He's good that's no doubt, but I don't like him jumping around teams. That's just an easy way out. So sorry, but I hope the Lakers lose tonight... :) but it seems they might win. Sigh.
Lol, I don't really like LeBron either--I respect his efforts but god he's arrogant! Last game he was in, the ref was deciding to use/not use a ball (soda spilled on it) and he reached right over the ref's head, got a new ball and threw it in, completely bypassing the ref! That didn't sit well.

I do like AD and he seems to have gotten younger this early season, I love seeing him play! When he's in good health he is so smooth. I am rooting for Haliburton and his Pacers tonight. There are so many new up and coming talented kids. Last night my son took me to a Nets game--we had first row off the floor seats-amazing! Cameron Johnson, Bridges, Claxton, Dinwiddie, Finney-Smith, even O'Neale put on a show! My kid laughs every time I say how much I like little Cam Johnson--I say little because he has an adorable face, my son keeps pointing out it's attached to a 6' 8" body!!!

Anyway, the suspicious side of me thinks this in-season tourney is a gift to LeBron. I also am irritated that Silver won't do anything about Foster. CP3 is melding well with the Warriors, crossing my fingers Foster will silently not be assigned (gasp!) to any more Warriors games.
markc
Star A

Post by markc »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:21 am
Lol, I don't really like LeBron either--I respect his efforts but god he's arrogant! Last game he was in, the ref was deciding to use/not use a ball (soda spilled on it) and he reached right over the ref's head, got a new ball and threw it in, completely bypassing the ref! That didn't sit well.

I do like AD and he seems to have gotten younger this early season, I love seeing him play! When he's in good health he is so smooth. I am rooting for Haliburton and his Pacers tonight. There are so many new up and coming talented kids. Last night my son took me to a Nets game--we had first row off the floor seats-amazing! Cameron Johnson, Bridges, Claxton, Dinwiddie, Finney-Smith, even O'Neale put on a show! My kid laughs every time I say how much I like little Cam Johnson--I say little because he has an adorable face, my son keeps pointing out it's attached to a 6' 8" body!!!

Anyway, the suspicious side of me thinks this in-season tourney is a gift to LeBron. I also am irritated that Silver won't do anything about Foster. CP3 is melding well with the Warriors, crossing my fingers Foster will silently not be assigned (gasp!) to any more Warriors games.
Wow, you went to see a game? That's nice. I can't watch any game; too emotionally involved, if the team I go for loses I'll be too upset.

I like the Warriors, but let's face it, Curry is the only one doing great, no one is helping him. Sad. Besides, they're too small and many of them too old (like CP3; age makes you injury-prone). Basketball, after all, is still a game for tall, big, and young guys.

Well, let's hope the Pacers do win tonight...
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:48 pm
He’s not Markk. I read Dr. Chu’s blog a bit just now. His story is there in bits and pieces.
For those wondering, here's a link to the blog in question:

https://chumark54.substack.com/
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024