Holland’s recovery labelled “miracle” by Renlund

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Holland’s recovery labelled “miracle” by Renlund

Post by I Have Questions »

“By way of background, I have spent years visiting patients in hospitals,” wrote Elder Renlund on social media. “Many were critically ill, and I saw many die. The second time I accompanied President Ballard, President Holland was in critical condition. Adrenaline-like drugs were being used to support his circulation. He was virtually non-responsive. The physicians didn’t know exactly what was wrong and had informed his children that the prognosis was extremely poor. I felt a sense of foreboding.”
https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders/2 ... he-details
Elder Renlund told President Ballard that the only way President Holland would come back to meaningly fulfill his Apostolic calling was through divine intervention.

“Physicians, surgeons, and medicines were not going to do it. Only through God’s blessings would it happen. President Ballard nodded and said, ‘We will just have to keep praying and exercise our faith.’”

Elder Renlund wrote that the next time he accompanied President Ballard to the hospital, President Holland was “sitting in a chair, chatting with nurses, asking about breakfast.” He asked about Elder Renlund’s family.

“He was his usual self. It was a miracle. It was divine intervention. He was discharged from the hospital and gained strength by the day. When President Ballard’s health took a turn for the worse, President Holland reversed the roles and became an extraordinary ministering brother for the rest of President Ballard’s life.”
Some questions:
If blessings work, why isn’t Renlund spending his time in hospitals healing people? Why is he needlessly letting people die without his blessing?
Why did Renlund get a sense of foreboding when he had the power to save Holland?
Did the “adrenaline-like drugs” have zero impact?
Why didn’t Holland have the faith not to be healed?
And finally, why didn’t it work out so well for Ballard? Same process, same Renlund, no “Ballard recovery” miracle, what gives?

Renlund is simply drawing targets around where arrows have fallen, and ignoring examples that don’t fit the faith promoting narrative (where he is a miracle worker) that he wishes to indulge in. He’s also being disrespectful to the medical professionals that took care of Holland, taking credit for their diligence and expertise.
2bizE
Nursery

Re: Holland’s recovery labelled “miracle” by Renlund

Post by 2bizE »

It couldn’t possibly have been modern medicine that helped! /s