Forty Hours Per Week?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Forty Hours Per Week?

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:02 am
I’d definitely be willing to “look at” empirical evidence of DCP doing 40 hours of work as you’ve described, Dr. Moore.
A popular buffet with the Interpreter crowd, located in Provo. Rumor has it, the owner had to put up this sign due to the actions of one particular Mopologist.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:06 am
Meanwhile, there is the astonishing claim—apparently made with a straight face—that he spends “easily forty hours a week” on articles and book projects! Wow—really? This really strains credulity. Is he counting his daily (mostly recycled) blog posts as part of this? I thinks it’s safe to say that this is a wild exaggeration of the truth.

Famous and very prolific author, Stephen King has stated that he tries to write for 2 hours a day which equals approximately 1,000 words per day.

DCP writes 8 hours a day and still hasn't managed to finish anything?! Here is a list of several famous prolific authors and how much they write per day (Not one author even comes close to DCP's 8 hours per):

https://famouswritingroutines.com/colle ... s-authors/
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:53 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Meanwhile, there is the astonishing claim—apparently made with a straight face—that he spends “easily forty hours a week” on articles and book projects! Wow—really? This really strains credulity. Is he counting his daily (mostly recycled) blog posts as part of this? I thinks it’s safe to say that this is a wild exaggeration of the truth.

Famous and very prolific author, Stephen King has stated that he tries to write for 2 hours a day which equals approximately 1,000 words per day.

DCP writes 8 hours a day and still hasn't managed to finish anything?! Here is a list of several famous prolific authors and how much they write per day (Not one author even comes close to DCP's 8 hours per):

Well, I mean, Peterson is extraordinary..... you can asks him he will tells ya......
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

How do we know that Dr. Peterson does not define both writing and hours per day differently?

Horsis Sicetnomensis stands at alert 8 hours per day. This animal not only has a prehensile nose but a strong swimming ability. When joined in a team, they can help tow an obsidian chariot across a river.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
The thing is, you could write for hours a day or write thousands of words, but how many of those words are publishable? How many breaks happen?

Didn't post my text...

You can work so many hours and type so many words but how many are actually publishable?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:10 am

The thing is, you could write for hours a day or write thousands of words, but how many of those words are publishable? How many breaks happen?

Didn't post my text...

You can work so many hours and type so many words but how many are actually publishable?
For Peterson, it's 100% since the majority it seems, he simply plagiarizes anyway.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:28 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:10 am

Didn't post my text...

For Peterson, it's 100% since the majority it seems, he simply plagiarizes anyway.
Yes, 100% of DCP's writings are publishable. And when I say publishable, I mean that they have all been published by other authors.
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:57 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:28 pm

Yes, 100% of DCP's writings are publishable. And when I say publishable, I mean that they have all been published other authors.
:lol:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 am
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:57 pm

Yes, 100% of DCP's writings are publishable. And when I say publishable, I mean that they have all been published other authors.
:lol:
LOL!

He’s been really slacking on the blog lately. It’s more of a snooze fest than usual.