Urgent Fundraising Request From The Proprietor

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Urgent Fundraising Request From The Proprietor

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:29 am
If Dr. Moore would contribute $10,000 to the BYP Channel, I would not call names or be mean...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
IF the proprietor of the Interpreter Foundation ever chooses to appear on your show to discuss the Book of Abraham, please, please, consult with me first behind the scenes. I wish RFM had done that prior to the Ritner interviews.

Trust me, I know how to break Peterson. He is delicate like a flower and wilting. He will crack under the right circumstances.

:twisted:
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:03 am
I've been collecting Midgley stories and anecdotes, but this is entirely new to me (or else I just forgot). Will you please refresh my memory regarding this incident, preferably by re-telling it?
Dr. Shades,

Here is the thread discussing Louis Midgley getting a postal worker fired:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=593&p=14082&hilit=l ... red#p14082
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:54 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:03 am
I've been collecting Midgley stories and anecdotes, but this is entirely new to me (or else I just forgot). Will you please refresh my memory regarding this incident, preferably by re-telling it?
Dr. Shades,

Here is the thread discussing Louis Midgley getting a postal worker fired:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=593&p=14082&hilit=l ... red#p14082
Thanks for that. I can't believe I missed it. Doctor Scratch made a good point about the contradiction regarding getting a postal employee fired for delivering a package, when delivering packages is what postal employees do. Hopefully Dr. Midgley can help me iron out the apparent discrepancy when I interview him later this year. Speaking of which:
Louis Midgley wrote:I am simply not defined by President Wilkinson's stupid spy ring, or by Van Gordon's lawsuit or the rubbish I have been told is being assembled by those who are certain that I am a Monster.
He couldn't be more wrong. First, the facts I am assembling are not "rubbish," they are just that. . . facts. Second, I am not "certain" that he is a monster. Quite the contrary; the goal is to discover the real Louis Midgley that lurks behind the persona that comes across in his writings. . . whatever it may be.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

I'm slightly confused. Did they not have funding pledged for the full budget of the movie prior to starting? Is there any contingency funding set aside in case extra donations aren't forthcoming? Has the cost for the movie seriously overrun (like last time)? Have promised donations been withdrawn since the Richard Nygren affair? Why does it always have to get to "URGENT" before there's some action? Will the Executive Producer be pumping more of his own money in to help bridge the funding gap?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I Have Questions wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:33 am
I'm slightly confused. Did they not have funding pledged for the full budget of the movie prior to starting? Is there any contingency funding set aside in case extra donations aren't forthcoming? Has the cost for the movie seriously overrun (like last time)? Have promised donations been withdrawn since the Richard Nygren affair? Why does it always have to get to "URGENT" before there's some action? Will the Executive Producer be pumping more of his own money in to help bridge the funding gap?
I think religions brainwash their patrons for urgency, mostly in regard to becoming righteous to prepare for Jesus coming back. If the ONLY way to get their attention is to tell them (as I was told) we are in the LAST MINUTE of Saturday Night Saturday's Warriors and we HAVE urgency for you being vigilant, then URGENT for money raising gets better results. It makes sense, even though nothing is really urgent in any way when one just steps back from it a little and get a larger focus of reality.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:27 am
Hopefully Dr. Midgley can help me iron out the apparent discrepancy when I interview him later this year. Speaking of which:
Did Midgley actually agree to meet with you for his biography you're writing? Just be careful. I'm sure Midgley will spend most of his time either berating you or trying to convince you not to write his biography.

Dr. Shades, let us know what day you are planning on interviewing Midgley, so we can alert the authorities if you don't come back.

Dr. Shades, another possibility is that when you arrive at Midgley's house, you will be jumped by Allen Wyatt and William Schryver and then tied up in the basement and forced to watch every single FAIR Conference video over and over until you've been brainwashed, just like Clockwork Orange.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014