Urgent Fundraising Request From The Proprietor

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Urgent Fundraising Request From The Proprietor

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

The Proprietor of a very small, insignificant and largely defunct blog, largely composed of plagiarized pseudo-scientific, pseudo-historical and paranormal articles, is now asking for public donations to finish Six Days in August.
The Proprietor wrote: But now I have a steep fundraising mountain to climb in order for us to complete the filming and to do all of the postproduction work — the editing of the visual and audio materials, the cutting of raw footage, the assembling of that footage, adding music, dubbing, smoothing out the sound and sound effects, regularizing the color retrieved from different cameras, and a host of other things. These jobs are labor-intensive, and they’re expensive. And our hope has been, if possible, to get the film out by late-summer 2024. Will we make it? I don’t know. We’ll see. It’s always been an ambitious goal. I’ve always wondered whether we could meet that self-imposed deadline.

I confess that these matters are keeping me up at night. I have to force myself to stop worrying about them in order to get to sleep. (I didn’t do very well at that again last night.
We certainly don't want the Proprietor to keep losing sleep over fundraising and we all are anxiously awaiting the completion of Six Days in August. In that vein, I would like to propose an idea to help the Proprietor's fundraising efforts and his insomnia. A Silent Auction. Some items that would sell like hotcakes could include:

The Second Watson Letter
Bid starts at $10,000

Stalking Trip To New Zealand With Louis Midgley (binoculars not included)
Bid starts at $3,000

Online Zoom Class by DCP: How I Survived My Struggle With Anorexia
Bid starts at $15

Plastic Spoons And Forks From The Set Of Six Days In August
Bid starts at $5 a piece

DCP Autographed Asphalt Shingles From The Set Of Six Days In August
Bid starts a $3 per shingle

Online Class by Russell C. McGregor: Women May Be From Venus, But Mopologists Are Really From Uranus
Bid starts at $2

Online Class by Allen Wyatt: Kama Sutra for One
Bid starts at $3

Online Class by Robert Boylan: The Seven Habits of Highly Ineffective People
Bid starts at $1

Personal Reading by Mike Parker from the book: 12 Years A Slave
Bid starts at $6
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Marcus
God

Re: Urgent Fundraising Request From The Proprietor

Post by Marcus »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:32 pm
...Stalking Trip To New Zealand With Louis Midgley (binoculars not included)
Bid starts at $3,000...
If you're willing to drive the getaway car when midgley wants to steal something [see New Zealand senior mission, fruit in private yards, Midgley's wife i.e. Clyde's Bonnie], bidding can be reduced considerably.

If Midgley falls down on a tour and you let him say you pushed him, further discounts are available. You can't plan that one though, no matter how miserable a companion he is. It has to happen organically. Priesthood prayers and ritual voo-doo dolls are acceptable aids.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Marcus wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:51 pm
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:32 pm
...Stalking Trip To New Zealand With Louis Midgley (binoculars not included)
Bid starts at $3,000...
If you're willing to drive the getaway car when midgley wants to steal something [see New Zealand senior mission, fruit in private yards, Midgley's wife i.e. Clyde's Bonnie], bidding can be reduced considerably.

If Midgley falls down on a tour and you let him say you pushed him, further discounts are available. You can't plan that one though, no matter how miserable a companion he is. It has to happen organically. Priesthood prayers and ritual voo-doo dolls are acceptable aids.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That’s right! I forgot about those. Also, Midgley bragging about getting the postman fired and how funny it was that he lost his job. Louis Midgley is such an inspiration.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Do you think he really expects this to be anywhere close to as popular as Witnesses?

If no one showed up to see the film about Joseph Smith, why does he think anyone cares to see the story about Brigham?

What’s next, a blockbuster about Lorenzo Snow?
Everybody Wang Chung
God

drumdude wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:08 am
Do you think he really expects this to be anywhere close to as popular as Witnesses?

If no one showed up to see the film about Joseph Smith, why does he think anyone cares to see the story about Brigham?

Six Days in August looks horrible. I don’t think DCP’s expectations are high. It will be another embarrassing critical and financial bomb.

After the film’s release, DCP will be quietly called down to the COB and told to stop making films about the church.

The only chance anyone will watch this film will be if moviegoers mistakenly think they are buying tickets to the film version of the book Six Days in August by David King about Stockholm Syndrome: https://www.amazon.com/Six-Days-August- ... 0393635082

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:08 am

If done correctly, it really COULD be a blockbuster if he did a movie on Joseph Fielding Smith with all his comments about God never allowing men to the moon, and showing him tear out the 1832 First Vision page from Joseph Smith's journal....... I can hear the sinister music in the background now as only a hand is shown ripping out the page in candle light so no one knows who done did it!

Gosh! He could do an entire series on each and every one of the Lord's special chosen anointed servants the modern prophets!!!! Think of the fame to you DCP, THINK OF IT!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:05 am
Also, Midgley bragging about getting the postman fired and how funny it was that he lost his job.
Hold on. . . I've been collecting Midgley stories and anecdotes, but this is entirely new to me (or else I just forgot). Will you please refresh my memory regarding this incident, preferably by re-telling it?

[MODERATOR NOTE: If you wish to read the article to which Everybody Wang Chung refers, you may do so at:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... inder.html]
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:03 am
Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:05 am
Also, Midgley bragging about getting the postman fired and how funny it was that he lost his job.
Hold on. . . I've been collecting Midgley stories and anecdotes, but this is entirely new to me (or else I just forgot). Will you please refresh my memory regarding this incident, preferably by re-telling it?

[MODERATOR NOTE: If you wish to read the article to which Everybody Wang Chung refers, you may do so at:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... inder.html]
Now, I was hoping that the linked article had this Midgley story somewhere in the comments, but no luck there. 😕

I always find Dan’s choice of wording interesting. For example, there’s this exchange:
David Sanders wrote:In addition, I believe you’ve stated you’re comped for your travel, meals and lodging for your work with the Interpreter?
Dan Peterson wrote:You believe wrongly.
Is Dan trying to say that he’s not actually comped for these things, or that he has never stated that he has been comped for these things?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:44 pm
Dan Peterson wrote:You believe wrongly.
Is Dan trying to say that he’s not actually comped for these things, or that he has never stated that he has been comped for these things?

Dan is an artist of the printed word. I *believe* he sticks to the definition of every word using the context of his choice. The word "wrongfully" signifies an unfair or unjust manner.

Dan did not deny that he is compensated for any or all of the following:

(A) Travel
(B) Meals (PLURAL)
(C) Lodging

Note that Peterson admitted how his critic tried to score "cheap points" -- in other words they were points nonetheless, cheap, rich, or otherwise is open to interpretation.

;)

Hi, Dan!

What's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3? In abt what year was ancient Egypt founded according to the Book of Abraham, chapter one? I love reading and analyzing the TEXT just as you do. We have that in common!

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:21 am
Gosh! He could do an entire series on each and every one of the Lord's special chosen anointed servants the modern prophets!!!! Think of the fame to you DCP, THINK OF IT!

Dan, I believe you have *SOME* desire to appear on a Backyard Professor's podcast and discuss your views about the Book of Abraham with him. If not, how about Book of Mormon geography like you did with the Murph? I think you'd find a conversation with Shirts to be far more stimulating and challenging.

I'm so looking forward to that podcast!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:24 pm
canpakes wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:44 pm

Dan is an artist of the printed word. I *believe* he sticks to the definition of every word using the context of his choice. The word "wrongfully" signifies an unfair or unjust manner.

Dan did not deny that he is compensated for any or all of the following:

(A) Travel
(B) Meals (PLURAL)
(C) Lodging

Note that Peterson admitted how his critic tried to score "cheap points" -- in other words they were points nonetheless, cheap, rich, or otherwise is open to interpretation.

;)

Hi, Dan!

What's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3? In abt what year was ancient Egypt founded according to the Book of Abraham, chapter one? I love reading and analyzing the TEXT just as you do. We have that in common!

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:21 am

Dan, I believe you have *SOME* desire to appear on a Backyard Professor's podcast and discuss your views about the Book of Abraham with him. If not, how about Book of Mormon geography like you did with the Murph? I think you'd find a conversation with Shirts to be far more stimulating and challenging.

I'm so looking forward to that podcast!
If Dr. Moore would contribute $10,000 to the BYP Channel, I would not call names or be mean...... :lol: :lol: :lol: