Jeffrey R. Holland Seethes With Anger And Breaks The Liverpool Chapel Podium

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Jeffrey R. Holland Seethes With Anger And Breaks The Liverpool Chapel Podium

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Jeffrey "Musket Fire" Holland has an anger management problem. We are all familiar with the story of Jeffrey R. Holland chastising and berating the missionaries in England for not baptizing enough. Holland went as far as telling the missionaries that, "if this mission was a horse, he would shoot it."

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156862&p=2817755&hi ... e#p2817755

Well, it appears that years ago, Holland spoke at another missionary conference in Liverpool, England and told them, "you are not worth a teaspoon of camel spit." Holland then pounded on the podium so hard that it actually broke. Good Lord!! What a dodo!

We all know Holland is very angry and humiliated that his prophecy of having 100,000 full-time missionaries by 2019 did not become true, but there really is no excuse for his violence, anger, and buffoonery.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-JP8J195 ... ture=share
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Jeffrey R. Holland Seethes With Anger And Breaks The Liverpool Chapel Podium

Post by Philo Sofee »

Sigh. . . If only the Holy Ghost had the power to whisper into those missionaries' hearts and guide them. . .
master_dc
Star B

Re: Jeffrey R. Holland Seethes With Anger And Breaks The Liverpool Chapel Podium

Post by master_dc »

He spoke to my mission in 2001, used the same horse metaphor and slammed the pulpit hard enough we thought he broke it. This was in Russia. It is sad to learn what you thought was an impassioned speech that you/your mission needed to hear, was just his stump speech.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

master_dc wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:34 am
He spoke to my mission in 2001, used the same horse metaphor and slammed the pulpit hard enough we thought he broke it. This was in Russia. It is sad to learn what you thought was an impassioned speech that you/your mission needed to hear, was just his stump speech.
Wow! Holland’s pre-prepared stump speech was to go around the world, tell everyone he would shoot their mission if it were a horse and then try to pound on the pulpit as hard as he could?

If Holland was a horse, I would have sold him to the glue factory years ago.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:09 am
master_dc wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:34 am
Wow! Holland’s pre-prepared stump speech was to go around the world, tell everyone he would shoot their mission if it were a horse and then try to pound on the pulpit as hard as he could?

If Holland was a horse, I would have sold him to the glue factory years ago.
He's been a sticky mess his entire tenure as an Apostle...... His actions and words prove he really doesn't believe Jesus is running the show. To have that kind of anger when someone else is the boss is simply incoherent stupidity. WHY would ANYONE give a flying flip how JESUS is running the show? What, they think THEY can do better than the creator of the universe? That's what I mean. There would be no anger, no disappointment, only reporting back to Jesus what was going on (as if even that would make any sense as if Jesus didn't already know - chortle!) The entire gangbang of Mormon leadership lunacy is obviously a farce.

But if MONEY is involved......Ohhhhhh, that changes everything. NOT Jesus, but MONEY is the reward, THEN it makes perfect sense of all his actions and emotions. i.e., it ain't about Jesus in the Mormon hierarchy. But they sure mouth the words well every six months.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Glad I never received a “visitation” from Hothead Holland when I was a missionary!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:45 pm
Glad I never received a “visitation” from Hothead Holland when I was a missionary!
I was full on TBM on my mission, but that would have totally turned me off ENTIRELY. In fact, it has done so.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Holland Seethes

Post by High Spy »

He gives Hollandaise sauce a bad name. :lol:
master_dc
Star B

Post by master_dc »

I will need to find my journal and see what I wrote about it. I was all in at the time and I remember it messed with my head a bit. It was a very difficult mission, very few investigators, so I spent my 2 years walking the streets, guessing door codes to get in apartment buildings, climbing 8-12 flights of stairs and pounding on doors. Due to the low numbers, we were instructed to teach an abbreviated version of the first discussion. If we mentioned all parts, it counted as a discussion.

Through all that hardship, walking the streets, talking to everyone you passed, often in small areas where every building had been hit 2,3, 4 times minimum, all of this in hot summer days and freezing winters… to then have this leader you looked up to and were looking for inspiration to don’t Lord’s come scream at you, slamming his fist against the pulpit, telling you that you are doing a good enough job… it was rough. I remember some of the missionaries commenting how uninspiring it was on the way out. I did the opposite and worked even harder.

Holland also did the handshake thing to look into our souls. We had a couple of screw missionaries that were breaking the law of chastity that passed the hand shake test with flying colors.

I wish I could get those years back, though, living in Russia at that time was an adventure.