A Poor Woman With Dirty Clothes Ruined Louis Midgley's Trip To England

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: A Poor Woman With Dirty Clothes Ruined Louis Midgley's Trip To England

Post by Chap »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:09 am
There are a lot of people like that in the UK.
I have been in the UK for quite large parts of my life. Currently I frequently travel between a significant city and London. A long time ago I may have experienced one instance of somebody in the street smelling bad, but I think that was quite a few years back. Of course I don't deny that there may be such people around.

Maybe I should try getting closer to people? Maybe I need to live somewhere else?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Chap wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:21 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
I have been in the UK for quite large parts of my life. Currently I frequently travel between a significant city and London. A long time ago I may have experienced one instance of somebody in the street smelling bad, but I think that was quite a few years back. Of course I don't deny that there may be such people around.

Maybe I should try getting closer to people? Maybe I need to live somewhere else?
For what it's worth: I have family in the UK and have had the good fortune to spend many months there. I've spent time in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, York, Bournemouth, and others; for what it's worth, I can walk down the main drag of my American home town (population: 56,000) and meet more homeless, destitute people in 5 minutes than I encountered during several months spent in the UK.

Just for what it's worth.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Chap wrote:
Imwashingmypirate wrote:

Just get on some buses.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:17 pm
Chap wrote:

For what it's worth: I have family in the UK and have had the good fortune to spend many months there. I've spent time in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, York, Bournemouth, and others; for what it's worth, I can walk down the main drag of my American home town (population: 56,000) and meet more homeless, destitute people in 5 minutes than I encountered during several months spent in the UK.

Just for what it's worth.
Oh, no. . . The homeless people don't smell how I'm imagining.

I guess it must be worse in America :( Never thought about the comparison.