Mopologetics and Religious Surveys

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Mopologetics and Religious Surveys

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:47 pm
A good friend of mine, who’ll remain anonymous due to the vindictive doxxing done by Dopey Dan and his cult-like readers, was attending a seminar at the University of South Carolina, and had an opportunity to work with Professor Johnson, the co-author of the book named above, on an ethics-metrics paper that measured an educator’s ethical approach to teaching, and, interestingly applied his research to Dan’s Internet posting and academic career. Unsurprisingly, the dowser failed miserably across virtually all of the ethical metrics used in the study. Methinks DCP should spend less time criticizing British pundits and more time cleaning the cobwebs and skeletons out of his own closet.

- Doc
It's good that Dan "Dishonesty" Peterson's unethical actions and sloppy scholarship are causing more and more people to take notice. I think the best that can be said about DCP's life and legacy is that it will stand as a warning and cautionary tale of the evils of Mopology.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:23 am
Can you cite a single incident, in all of "SeN" or FARMS or all the message board posts, where there is a sign that Mormonism has helped the Mopologists to be better people?
No, not a single incident. Every evidence is that Mopologetics makes a person insensitive, angry, and tribal.
The case of Joh Gee is illustrative. How different would his life have been if he’d never heard of the Book of Abraham? Because of Mormonism and the Book of Abraham, though, Gee has lied extensively, among other things. Barring an extensive counter-explanation from the Mopologists, the only real conclusion that you can draw is that Mormonism made Gee a much worse person than he likely would have been otherwise. I guess you could argue that he was just a fundamentally dishonest person and that he would have been a liar regardless, but it seems that the only/main thing that he has been (wildly, staggeringly) dishonest about has been the Book of Abraham.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

I received a survey from church. I filled it out. It asked me which religions I've heard of, which religions are in my area, and how I rate them.