It’s a Jubilee!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: It’s a Jubilee!

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:05 am
I suppose if the women really wanted to make the point stand out they could respond to that type of condescension with something like "put your little pee pee back in your pants dear, it's not a ruler as you may think it is."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had not heard that one before, Philo! I like it!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:03 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:05 am
I suppose if the women really wanted to make the point stand out they could respond to that type of condescension with something like "put your little pee pee back in your pants dear, it's not a ruler as you may think it is."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had not heard that one before, Philo! I like it!
:D Careful, yer gonna git us both in trouble now......
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:00 am
https://youtu.be/Run1f29po8g?si=8Watrl1C8B_jvjX9Someone stop Cardon Ellis, please!

Here is a moderated debate between Mormons and Ex-Mormons on a show called “Jubilee.” Poor Cardon is just slaughtering his own cause.

ETA: Kwaku, on the other hand, is doing a lot better than I have seen him do in the past.
Hi Kish,

One part that bothered me is when John D was pounding the question if they believe that LGBT folks won't be in, or merit, which ever term he used, the Celestial Kingdom? When in fact he knows good and well the early leadership taught that only those that entered into plural marriage would receive the Celestial Kingdom (sec. 132).

Maybe I am splitting hairs here but, right or wrong, let's be consistent.

in my opinion, trying my best to be objective, Kwaku won the debate, and that is not easy to say.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Markk wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:14 am
Hi Kish,

One part that bothered me is when John D was pounding the question if they believe that LGBT folks won't be in, or merit, which ever term he used, the Celestial Kingdom? When in fact he knows good and well the early leadership taught that only those that entered into plural marriage would receive the Celestial Kingdom (sec. 132).

Maybe I am splitting hairs here but, right or wrong, let's be consistent.

in my opinion, trying my best to be objective, Kwaku won the debate, and that is not easy to say.
I think it is fair to point this out. If anything, the faithful should put their trust in God, not the opinions of well-intentioned people who endeavor to speak on God’s behalf. And, yes, Kwaku comes out of this looking better than most. He acquitted himself quite well all things considered.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow