Most Unfortunate LDS Book Titles

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Most Unfortunate LDS Book Titles

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Who can forget this Mormon classic with the very inappropriate title:

With a title like Uranus Testifies of Christ, it was guaranteed to become an instant classic. As a side note, cosmologists have recently decided to change the name of the planet Uranus because of all the inappropriate jokes. The new name cosmologists have chosen is Urectum.

Not to be outdone by Nancy Goldberg or John Pratt, Jeffrey R. Holland decided this title would be appropriate for his semi-autobiographical book:

This popular book was written by a few of the young women that were in Louis Midgley's ward during the 80's. It has quickly become the gold standard for young women in the Church on how to deal with creepy old Mormon men:

If you're Mormon, chances are excellent that you voted for Trump and will be voting for him again. This popular book has been a great guide for the younger generation on how to forgive and forget the stupid choices their elders make.

Probably the most accurate title of any book, ever:

This book, along with Added Upon can be found in every Mopologist library.

And who can forget this instant classic about Louis C. Midgley's very short stint as a scout leader:

One of the few books from the personal library of Joseph Smith that has managed to survive the ravages of time and is now on display at the Church History Museum:

This book was meant to be a sort of prequel to John Pratt's Uranus Testifies of Christ but was fortunately pulled from Deseret Book shortly after publication. If anyone is luck enough to have a copy, they are selling for thousands of dollars on eBay:

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Gadianton
God

Re: Most Unfortunate LDS Book Titles

Post by Gadianton »

These are some great books. Many of them are featured prominently on my bookshelf.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Taco Bell Destroyed my Anus is my favorite!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Just imagine if Jeffrey R. Holland had titled his book Short and Sweet!
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024