(Auto)biographical Reflections on MDB/DM

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: (Auto)biographical Dictionary of MDB/DM

Post by Kishkumen »

Cool, Bond! Thanks! I am still mulling over format issues, but there is no time like the present to get rolling!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Bond wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:33 pm
Dr. Scratch's Mormon Dialogue profiles profiling Mormon Discussion posters... Who remembers such things?
What happened to that blog?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Manetho
Valiant B

Post by Manetho »

I'm a relatively recent and peripheral member of the community, so I can't talk about anyone else, but of course I can submit a short bio for myself once you have a format settled.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:42 pm
Bond wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:33 pm
Dr. Scratch's Mormon Dialogue profiles profiling Mormon Discussion posters... Who remembers such things?
What happened to that blog?
Are you thinking it should be added to the archives of this blog for historical purposes? Would it include the time Calm and Morning Star appeared on the old forum as naughty little pixies and used potty language?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Rosebud
Star B

Post by Rosebud »

This’ll be interesting. Will you be allowing me to participate?
List of members I have on ignore:
drumdude

The Mormon Rosebud Wiki: http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Thanks for dropping by to bring this up, Rosebud. Of course you are invited. Every participant is. It is true that we will need a disclaimer about people’s personal views.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

There's some people I miss.

Jack, nehor, barrel of monkeys, polygamyporter(?), Liz.

ETA moksha, blitz.

Have people changed their names?

My memory is absolutely crap.

I started out on 2thinkforums when I was in secondary school. Which led me to MDB. I kind of looked in other boards but mainly hung out in MDB. Annoying people and writing a blog. Which got lost. I remember shades liked my blog but it was mainly full of ramblings and intense anxiety.

I'd come in during the night whilst at uni. Didn't sleep. Slept in lectures though lol.

My Mormon story is that my parents converted when I was 7. My dad apparently decided he was God. Just a psycho really. I spent most of my childhood inactive. Ran away and then ran away again because you know psychos be psychoing. Went to church on my own when I was 15 and was very active until I was about 19. Always found it hard to feel the spirit. Turned out I was dissociated lol. I assumed it meant either I wasn't worthy of feeling the spirit or that maybe everyone was lying. Curiosity led me to reading "antimormon literature". Eventually I faded out of church life. Mormons found me when I was 27 ISH and decided I needed to be baptised. I decided I'd investigate to see if I'd feel the spirit but the sister missionary was going home after a while and she wanted to see me baptised before she went which put me off. I got baptised because I felt forced whilst pregnant which felt weird. And was very disappointed to not feel the spirit. So I phased out again.

Maybe I should edit this. Be a bit less crude lol.
Last edited by Imwashingmypirate on Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Rosebud wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:31 am
To be fair, you’ll sell more copies if you allow me to speak.

You might also get sued and have to cope with the fact that John’s donors pay his attorney fees for him.

Food for thought.
Wait is this a book? Allow me to change my input lol. Where is everyone posting their mini autobiographies?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:27 pm
Wait is this a book? Allow me to change my input lol. Where is everyone posting their mini autobiographies?
Yes, it will be a book! That’s the idea. I need to worth through the format of entries with everyone, but soon we should start putting it together. It will take a while. Anyone is welcome to start posting drafts of their entries.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Rosebud wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:52 am
msnobody wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:34 am
I’m sure everyone is welcome to participate. Could you leave out the John Dehlin rumination part as it has been discussed ad nauseum, or keep it to a minimum?
It’s impossible for me to leave John out because protecting myself from John’s retaliations through creating a record and communicating to John that the record he doesn’t want made is being made and time stamped regardless of his retaliations is the only reason I’ve ever posted here.

I have no other reason for being here and never would have posted here if it weren’t for John’s dishonesty and retaliations. There is nothing about this board and me that doesn’t have to do with John.

Why would I write about something else in my autobiography? I intentionally leave all other information about me off this board for privacy reasons. I’m not exactly trying to show anyone a -whole- person here.

But the reality is, Kish, that you can’t honestly tell this message board’s history and exclude me, yet you can’t really include me without facing retaliations.

And he likely will sue at this point…. and use his donors’ money to pay his legal fees while putting out fake “transparency” updates on his podcast feed.

It all feels different with that in mind, doesn’t it? With the fact that y’all could be hurt by him instead of just me?

I think his narcissistic angle with Jenn Kamp is going to be that it’s her fault he sued her and his donors had to pay $300,000 plus in legal fees because she didn’t pay the insurance bill while she was employed. He’s ridiculous.

Have you ever considered, msnobody, that I have found healing and that something more is going on here? (Food for thought) Since you don’t know me, there’s no reason to give me advice assuming you know me, right?
My text vanished :O

Did you go by a different name before? I don't think the suggestion of writing a dictionary of the people here is as serious as this post suggests. I doubt you need to go into detail other than to say something like an ongoing feud with someone else. Anyway, I think the suggestion is you write about yourself. You probably don't need to write details about John. If you don't want to share personal matters and don't want to include anything other than this personal dislike for each other then don't. Your question was, are you included. The answer was yes.