(Auto)biographical Reflections on MDB/DM

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: (Auto)biographical Dictionary of MDB/DM

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:31 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:27 pm
Wait is this a book? Allow me to change my input lol. Where is everyone posting their mini autobiographies?
Yes, it will be a book! That’s the idea. I need to worth through the format of entries with everyone, but soon we should start putting it together. It will take a while. Anyone is welcome to start posting drafts of their entries.
Cool. Don't add what I posted above lol it was half tongue in cheek but basically true. Wish we had access to the old board.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

When the board was changed over were all the members moved over?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:38 pm
Cool. Don't add what I posted above lol it was half tongue in cheek but basically true. Wish we had access to the old board.
Its posts are accessible. The members were not automatically moved over, I don’t think.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:27 pm
Rosebud wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:31 am
To be fair, you’ll sell more copies if you allow me to speak.

You might also get sued and have to cope with the fact that John’s donors pay his attorney fees for him.

Food for thought.
Wait is this a book? Allow me to change my input lol. Where is everyone posting their mini autobiographies?
Good question.
Rosebud
Star B

Post by Rosebud »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:53 am
Thanks for dropping by to bring this up, Rosebud. Of course you are invited. Every participant is. It is true that we will need a disclaimer about people’s personal views.
Nice! Thank you.

MD has guts. Noted and appreciated.
List of members I have on ignore:
drumdude

The Mormon Rosebud Wiki: http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:35 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:38 pm
Its posts are accessible. The members were not automatically moved over, I don’t think.
Correct. We all had to sign up again on this board, but the old posts were merged into this board. Posts from the old board have an underscore at the start of the screen name.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

The topic of this thread is whether to go forward with Kish’s proposal.

The Rosebud-Dehlin conflict is a derail. Please do not continue the derail.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:13 pm
We would also seek out contributions from people who have posted here in the past but have moved on. If they decline, then we will follow the procedure for those who have passed on, except that we might send them the entry to see if they approve of it. Some, especially the apologists, may object to the content because they don't want to see the board flourish in any way, and such objections would not be allowed to hamper the project.
Are you saying you wouldn’t respect a person’s wishes to not have their information included?
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

I Have Questions wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:00 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:13 pm
We would also seek out contributions from people who have posted here in the past but have moved on. If they decline, then we will follow the procedure for those who have passed on, except that we might send them the entry to see if they approve of it. Some, especially the apologists, may object to the content because they don't want to see the board flourish in any way, and such objections would not be allowed to hamper the project.
Are you saying you wouldn’t respect a person’s wishes to not have their information included?
Is it ok if real names aren't used? Just curious. I assume if someone said don't include me or this then that would have to be respected right? I know there are things about me I wouldn't want in there. I haven't brought anything of use to this forum lol.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:10 pm
I Have Questions wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:00 pm
Is it ok if real names aren't used? Just curious. I assume if someone said don't include me or this then that would have to be respected right? I know there are things about me I wouldn't want in there. I haven't brought anything of use to this forum lol.
This is a reference work devoted to this boards' activities under the assumed names of various avatars. One of the things that makes it interesting is the distinction that is assumed to exist between the persona that appears on the board and the in real life person who is its author. These authors have the option of writing about their own avatar, or they may choose to allow someone else to author it. Anyone who does not write an entry for their avatar is tacitly allowing someone else to do it. I don't anticipate asking people's permission to have their avatar(s) included in the book, as anyone can search this site and gain access to the posts. The decision to post publicly on this forum under a particular avatar assumes the author is fine sharing that persona's posts. So, I don't see any reason to ask permission again.

But, I do get how my views on vicarious work in the temple might inspire some to pick at these nits.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow