DCP's Fake No Touch Knockout Technique

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

DCP's Fake No Touch Knockout Technique

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Reading the recent threads on Gemli and DCP reminded me of the absurd videos from McDojoLife. For anyone who is not familiar with McDojoLife, it's an amusing site that exposes the thousands of fake dojos around the U.S. and the gullible students who shell out thousands of dollars just to be "taught" fake martial arts.

Here is a clip of a fake sensei teaching his gullible students the secret art of harnessing one's chi to knockout your opponents without even touching them.

You might wonder how could someone be so gullible to believe this silly crap. And, not only believe in it, but actually be so committed to pay thousands of dollars and spend thousands of hours to learn fake martial arts.

These groups are similar to the Mormon church, in that both promise false protection and secret knowledge. These practitioners treat their fake martial art as sacred, unquestionable and their sensei as beyond reproach. Both teachers and students invest so much time and resources that this investment makes them less likely to entertain evidence that their martial art might not be effective, or that there might be another martial art that is superior.

DCP's dojo is SEN and he is teaching his few students (The Last Danite, Ray Swenson, Jack, B.Wilson, Ideeho and Kiwi57) a fake martial art. Gemli is a real fighter and is constantly knocking out DCP. Much like Gemli responding to DCP, here is what happens when a real trained fighter meets a fake sensei:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr0AbiM3kMg
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: DCP's Fake No Touch Knockout Technique

Post by Dr. Shades »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:37 am
For anyone who is not familiar with McDojoLife, it's an amusing site that exposes the thousands of fake dojos around the U.S. and the gullible students who shell out thousands of dollars just to be "taught" fake martial arts.

Here is a clip of a fake sensei teaching his gullible students the secret art of harnessing one's chi to knockout your opponents without even touching them.
I know this was just the lead-in to the focus of your post, but I have to ask: How can a student be gullible enough to shell out thousands of dollars when on the very first day they observe their punches actually land on the fake sensei's face?

See the video you posted. Why would they pay that kind of money just to play-act?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Why do you think they pay that kind of money just to play-act?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:02 am
Why do you think they pay that kind of money just to play-act?
I have no idea. That's, um, sort of the reason why I asked.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:08 am
Why would they pay that kind of money just to play-act?
See also: tithing.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:08 am
I know this was just the lead-in to the focus of your post, but I have to ask: How can a student be gullible enough to shell out thousands of dollars when on the very first day they observe their punches actually land on the fake sensei's face?

See the video you posted. Why would they pay that kind of money just to play-act?
I imagine that if someone directly challenges the sensei, he/she will not be welcome and will either be kicked out or become disillusioned and leave on their own accord. Just like the Church. The Church/Sensei only wants loyal, gullible believers who will continue to pay their monthly dues and not question.

It's very revealing to watch some of the videos (on McDojoLife) of people who were duped, explain their mindset and how embarrassed they are now that they fell for such a blatant fraud. Just like many people who leave the Church today feel.
Dr. Shades wrote:Why would they pay that kind of money just to play-act?

Have you ever been to the temple and participated or watched the people play act? How about Fast & Testimony meeting?

More important, I think that many people at these fake dojos get a sense of community and identity by joining and being a part of the group. Just like the Church.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Those are good points. Thank you for typing them.

Nevertheless, even if they never challenge the sensei, certainly at some point the students are required to spar with each other. When they progress to yellow belt, then to blue belt, etc., wouldn’t they notice that their opponents’ punches continue to land square in their faces, no different from day one?
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:33 pm

Nevertheless, even if they never challenge the sensei, certainly at some point the students are required to spar with each other. When they progress to yellow belt, then to blue belt, etc., wouldn’t they notice that their opponents’ punches continue to land square in their faces, no different from day one?
Good question. Maybe sparring is analogous to priesthood blessings? Neither are effective, but that doesn't stop them from trying over and over again.

Maybe if they do land a punch, all the Sensei has to do is tell the students they need to practice more and develop their chi for years and years before it works? As long as the students keep paying their monthly dues, the Sensei just keeps laughing all the way to the bank.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:44 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:33 pm

Good question. Maybe sparring is analogous to priesthood blessings? Neither are effective, but that doesn't stop them from trying over and over again.

Maybe if they do land a punch, all the Sensei has to do is tell the students they need to practice more and develop their chi for years and years before it works?
"I find your lack of faith ... disturbing." -- Sensei Vader
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:37 am
DCP's dojo is SEN and he is teaching his few students (Kiwi57) a fake martial art.
Even so, who would want to meet Kiwi57 in a dark alley when he is armed with his Crocodile Dundee Bowie Knife? Plus, he has Louis Midgley kneeling behind you when he pushes you over. The students of Sensai Peterson know all the rhetorical tricks passed down from Apostle Houdini.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace