Should one read Blum's book on psychic research?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Should one read Blum's book on psychic research?

Post by Moksha »

I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:29 pm
Peterson is advocating that people take Ouija boards seriously? Seriously?
Dr. Peterson has already established the power of dowsing rods in his capable hands. Gemli should witness Dr. Peterson find bodies of water in any direction in Michigan or Central Florida. He can do it even with a snifter of orange soda in the other hand. Would the skeptical Gemli deny the power thereof? Nay, me thinkest not! He would know him as a great and powerful elder embued with priesthood power. Gemli would know the depths of the Sloar that day.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

What amazes me about the proprietor of this blog is how skeptical we're supposed to be of science while we can't be open-minded enough to the occult.

It doesn't matter how repeated and controlled a scientific experiment is, it might be wrong, and we should trust nothing science says because the whole thing might be blown away tomorrow. Yet if a young college student was handed a forked branch by a teacher of his forty years ago and he pointed it to the floor of his teacher's office, and his teacher then revealed there was a water pipe running through exactly that spot, then we'd be fools to reject the witness. The witness would stand firm in an imagined court of law and how dare we say otherwise.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:49 am
What amazes me about the proprietor of this blog is how skeptical we're supposed to be of science while we can't be open-minded enough to the occult.

It doesn't matter how repeated and controlled a scientific experiment is, it might be wrong, and we should trust nothing science says because the whole thing might be blown away tomorrow. Yet if a young college student was handed a forked branch by a teacher of his forty years ago and he pointed it to the floor of his teacher's office, and his teacher then revealed there was a water pipe running through exactly that spot, then we'd be fools to reject the witness. The witness would stand firm in an imagined court of law and how dare we say otherwise.
Not only that, but that witness would be the best evidence available for the effectiveness of dowsing, and the fact that the event took place in the 1800’s, and the lad and the teacher were actually brothers, and the teacher was seeking to monetise dowsing, should not undermine the witness statement.