SEN indulges in gossip and innuendo

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: SEN indulges in gossip and innuendo

Post by drumdude »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:20 pm
I don't recall anyone accusing DCP of inventing the story, so much as entirely missing the point as it zinged over his rather dull head. The RLDS have every bit as powerful of revelation from from the Lord God Jesus, even the Christ directly as anyone in Mormonism from Nelson downward. AND the RLDS is CLAIMED by Christ in that revelation as "his saints" indirectly by saying those others (the LDS) are ALSO his saints. How on earth can Peterson miss the obvious implications?! Jesus even claims the apostate temple of the RLDS!!! Think on that...... he CLAIMS it IS His house! What am I missing here? The LDS and RLDS are BOTH accepted by Jesus, so why have the LDS been such buffoons and baboons against the Lord's chosen, the RLDS? And more to the point, why hasn't Jesus told the Mormon prophets to knock it off already since he has no differences between the LDS and RLDS? Again, what am I missing that Peterson sees as validation for the LDS only?!
The way DCP presented the story was completely self serving. And we rightfully poked fun at the way it was related through a friend-of-a-friend.

Then there’s the problem that he did zero research to see if anyone else had a more complete account of the story. Classic DCP all around.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Yes, through a friend of a friend. There is a real eyewitness there! :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

DCP really does read here assiduously!! Yesterday:
I recounted an episode in yesterday’s blog entry that was described to me by Karl Ricks Anderson during a 2016 filming project in Kirtland, Ohio. It was about a reprimand given by the Spirit in the Kirtland Temple, according to the man himself, to an official of the then Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Of course, although I told it precisely as I recall it being told to me by some who was directly involved in the incident, the Usual Suspects branded it mere gossip and even accused me of having altogether made the story up or at least of having falsified it in order to express (by innuendo) my famously deep disdain for faiths other than my own and, in particular, my contempt for members of the Community of Christ. (As a denizen of the Peterson Obsession Board who goes by the name of “Dumb-Dud,” or something of that sort, put it, “Someone told me in confidence [a very reliable source] that DCP regularly makes this stuff up. I can’t name his name but if you knew who it was you would totally believe me. I just can’t possibly name him.”) However, although I was unaware of the fact, it turns out that the episode has been recounted publicly elsewhere. It’s mentioned in this interesting short article that was posted on Wednesday, with further details of which I was either uncertain or wholly unaware.
DCP is being facetious in his link to a "short article that was posted on Wednesday," because his link quotes a book written by Karl Anderson and published in 2012.

Also, the link he posted was first posted here by IHQ, about 12 hours before his blog entry went up. Even though he misrepresented the timing to protect his ego, DCP owes you a thank you, ihq!
sock puppet
2nd Counselor

Post by sock puppet »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:02 pm
I recounted an episode in yesterday’s blog entry that was described to me by Karl Ricks Anderson during a 2016 filming project in Kirtland, Ohio. It was about a reprimand given by the Spirit in the Kirtland Temple, according to the man himself, to an official of the then Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Of course, although I told it precisely as I recall it being told to me by some who was directly involved in the incident, the Usual Suspects branded it mere gossip and even accused me of having altogether made the story up or at least of having falsified it in order to express (by innuendo) my famously deep disdain for faiths other than my own and, in particular, my contempt for members of the Community of Christ. (As a denizen of the Peterson Obsession Board who goes by the name of “Dumb-Dud,” or something of that sort, put it, “Someone told me in confidence [a very reliable source] that DCP regularly makes this stuff up. I can’t name his name but if you knew who it was you would totally believe me. I just can’t possibly name him.”) However, although I was unaware of the fact, it turns out that the episode has been recounted publicly elsewhere. It’s mentioned in this interesting short article that was posted on Wednesday, with further details of which I was either uncertain or wholly unaware.
DCP is being facetious in his link to a "short article that was posted on Wednesday," because his link quotes a book written by Karl Anderson and published in 2012.

Also, the link he posted was first posted here by IHQ, about 12 hours before his blog entry went up. Even though he misrepresented the timing to protect his ego, DCP owes you a thank you, ihq!
If we're the Usual Suspects, then I think Gadianton must be Kayser Sosei.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I don’t know why DCP has such trouble using my name properly. I’ve never called him names.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:02 pm

Perhaps Gemli should request that DCP read a book by his good friend Karl Anderson before opining on anything to do with the Kirkland Temple...
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Back in 2016...
Permit me to explain what I’m up to.

I’m here in the Kirtland area for a new Interpreter Foundation movie project. (Our previous effort, on the late Mormon composer and former Tabernacle organist Robert Cundick, is now essentially complete.) My classes are covered. We have a film crew with us, funded by a very generous donor. (My wife and I are here on our own nickel. I point this out for those unhinged critics again; if they’re to discover indicators of dishonesty and corruption, if not mean-spiritedness, it won’t be here. Not honestly, anyway.)

Our new project will focus on the brothers Richard Lloyd Anderson and Karl Ricks Anderson. The former, by far the most eminent authority on the witnesses to the Book of Mormon (and the author of valuable works on other aspects of Joseph Smith, earliest Mormonism, the gospels, and the apostle Paul) has long been a hero of mine. The latter, enduringly dubbed “Mr. Kirtland” by President Gordon B. Hinckley, has lived in northern Ohio for fifty years, where he’s served as a stake president and a regional representative of the Twelve and has long officiated as a stake patriarch. Although he spent his career in the corporate world and then, having sold off a company in which he was an owner, in teaching for the Church Educational System, he has become a historian and published several books (notably, for our purposes, Joseph Smith’s Kirtland and The Savior at Kirtland.)

We’re focusing on Karl Anderson during this trip. Yesterday, after participating in the ecumenical hymn-singing service in the Kirtland Temple that closed the annual meeting of the John Whitmer Historical Association, we attended sacrament meeting with the Andersons and then, over lunch at their home, discussed how we were going to approach this movie.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... s+anderson

As part of that project did Peterson not read the book by Karl Ricks Anderson published in 2012 which recounted the tale?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I Have Questions wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:05 am
Back in 2016...
Permit me to explain what I’m up to.

I’m here in the Kirtland area for a new Interpreter Foundation movie project. (Our previous effort, on the late Mormon composer and former Tabernacle organist Robert Cundick, is now essentially complete.) My classes are covered. We have a film crew with us, funded by a very generous donor. (My wife and I are here on our own nickel. I point this out for those unhinged critics again; if they’re to discover indicators of dishonesty and corruption, if not mean-spiritedness, it won’t be here. Not honestly, anyway.)

Our new project will focus on the brothers Richard Lloyd Anderson and Karl Ricks Anderson. The former, by far the most eminent authority on the witnesses to the Book of Mormon (and the author of valuable works on other aspects of Joseph Smith, earliest Mormonism, the gospels, and the apostle Paul) has long been a hero of mine. The latter, enduringly dubbed “Mr. Kirtland” by President Gordon B. Hinckley, has lived in northern Ohio for fifty years, where he’s served as a stake president and a regional representative of the Twelve and has long officiated as a stake patriarch. Although he spent his career in the corporate world and then, having sold off a company in which he was an owner, in teaching for the Church Educational System, he has become a historian and published several books (notably, for our purposes, Joseph Smith’s Kirtland and The Savior at Kirtland.)

We’re focusing on Karl Anderson during this trip. Yesterday, after participating in the ecumenical hymn-singing service in the Kirtland Temple that closed the annual meeting of the John Whitmer Historical Association, we attended sacrament meeting with the Andersons and then, over lunch at their home, discussed how we were going to approach this movie.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... s+anderson

As part of that project did Peterson not read the book by Karl Ricks Anderson published in 2012 which recounted the tale?
Excellent catch.