The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: “Unsubstantiated” Claims, Power Differences, and the Importance of Investigations

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:17 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:02 pm
I don’t recall doing that. Will you please tell me when and why?
You said he was being excessively Hungarian. Given his age, Ludwigm may no longer be among the living.

Viktor Orban of Hungary is now a Republican favorite, second only to Vladimir Putin.
Gosh making me feel guilty and I wasn't there. :( Anyone still in touch with Ludwigm?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: “Unsubstantiated” Claims, Power Differences, and the Importance of Investigations

Post by Dr. Shades »

I Have Questions wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:15 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:06 am
Derailing, or providing the Mormon viewpoint?
Off-topic posting which detailed threads.
And we addressed that by prohibiting him from sniping at posters by questioning their motives, even if he was technically on-topic.
Moksha wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:02 pm
I don’t recall doing that. Will you please tell me when and why?
You said he was being excessively Hungarian.
No I didn't. DO NOT make up lies, even if you think you're being cute by doing so.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:21 am
Moksha wrote:
You said he was being excessively Hungarian.
No I didn't. DO NOT make up lies, even if you think you're being cute by doing so.
You were continually reminding Ludwigm that his Hungarian concerns were not shared by the board. Your penchant for calling things lies is disturbing.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:13 pm
I Have Questions wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:15 pm
So he was banned from posting on the most used forums. I guess he took the hint after that.
No, after many months of begging and pleading with him to not derail threads, only to be given the cyber middle finger, I had to reluctantly make the necessary decision to temporarily restrict him to the fora where off-topic discussions are allowed.
This is utter horse crap considering that you allowed Binger and Atlantic Mike to absolutely dominate the board with their derails. What you did to Lud was really sad.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I don’t know the whole story but it seems like expecting Shades to be perfectly consistent over the course of nearly 20 years is asking a lot. People, opinions, and this board change over time.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: RFM and Washington State Bar Complaints

Post by consiglieri »

I received Rosebud's grievance by email this morning from the Washington State Bar Association, together with their dismissal of her grievance.

I didn't even have to respond.
Red Ryder
Nursery

Post by Red Ryder »

consiglieri wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:10 pm
I received Rosebud's grievance by email this morning from the Washington State Bar Association, together with their dismissal of her grievance.

Perhaps there’s a lurker on the board who works in that office. 🤣

Congrats!

And PS…. My wife loves your podcast now that her polygamy/patriarchy panties have fallen to the way side!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

consiglieri wrote:

Grats. Glad you didn't have to spend time responding.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:

Wow! That was a fast process.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

consiglieri wrote:

Dang I was hoping you'd get her snow sled in sanctions.