The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: RFM and Washington State Bar Complaints

Post by drumdude »

consiglieri wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:10 pm
I received Rosebud's grievance by email this morning from the Washington State Bar Association, together with their dismissal of her grievance.

I didn't even have to respond.
Guffaw
Moksha
God

Re: RFM and Washington State Bar Complaints

Post by Moksha »

Rosebud wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:47 pm
And then I’ll make sure the bar knows that he podcasted about it. Should be interesting. We can have a conversation through the Washington State Bar Association and YouTube. Why not?
Either you want as much notoriety as possible for this decades-past unrequited love, or you are trying to seek funding from the LDS More Good Foundation.

If YouTubers can devote a video to lures for wide-mouth bass, surely RFM can talk about foiled acts of maliciousness.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Rosebud
Star B

Re: Open Message to the Open Stories Foundation Board of Directors

Post by Rosebud »

I think one reason so many women have spoken up publicly despite the retaliations and dangers involved is that the people who are attracted to the Mormon Stories vision really value transparency and honesty.

But for every person who has had the courage to come forward there are, no doubt, many others who have been too frightened to speak.

It’s not that what John is doing to women is unique, it’s common among most all the sects of Mormonism. What’s different is that John’s donors and employees expect real transparency. We only ever aligned ourselves with John because we initially believed he actually valued transparency and actually was an ally to marginalized groups.

Again, if the Open Stories Foundation has enough donor money to sue a former employee (John is Plaintiff despite reports otherwise), the Open Stories Foundation has donor money to support full transparency. Redacting documents is time consuming. But the donors can pay for it if they can pay for all John’s legal actions.

Real transparency: Depositions. Subpoenas. Everything.

Or are you going to offer donor money in an exchange for an NDA? Just like the church does? Because publicizing a “win” isn’t going to be enough.
List of members I have on ignore:
drumdude

The Mormon Rosebud Wiki: http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:20 pm
...This is the first time I am seeing this. I'm not sure that there is anything that can be done to help and I wonder if people telling her to stop is actually fuelling this spiral further.
No, that's not what is fueling her spiral. It is something far more internal.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

It reminds me of classical Aztecan-Slobovian literature: "Woe is me, for hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". This can be used to prove the parallel between Lou Midgley and Madam Defarge in the famous Tale of Zarahemla and Orem.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Rosebud
Star B

Post by Rosebud »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:40 pm
It reminds me of classical Aztecan-Slobovian literature: "Woe is me, for hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". This can be used to prove the parallel between Lou Midgley and Madam Defarge in the famous Tale of Zarahemla and Orem.
You must be right, I’m so immature that the only person I care about is myself. That’s why I’ve been willing to get on this board and allow many of you to publicly ridicule me. It doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that I sincerely care about the ex-Mormon community and the causes that inspired me to work for Mormon Stories in the first place. You have me pegged. </sarcasm>

You know what the opposite of a narcissist who can’t handle public ridicule well and flies off the handle (and starts suing people) at any insult is? An authentic person who can handle ridicule well, sees the other people’s perspectives and moves on with her goals despite it, even restraining her ability to attack back with a fair amount of insight.

You don’t know who I am based on your insight into yourself, the other people you’ve met, and what I post in this board.

Open Stories Foundation: Depositions. Subpoenas. Full public release.
drumdude

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
Rosebud
Star B

Post by Rosebud »

And not just cherry-picked out-of-context tidbits advertised
through an overly long and drawn out discussion by uninformed people that make you look like victim-heroes. There’s been too much of that over the last decade.

Release everything….. in writing.

Let all the YouTube commentators dissect it all. Then everyone can do their cherry-picked spins, but at least it will all be available to all the donors and anyone who’s trying to interpret what’s really going on regarding the more important issues.
drumdude

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Have you ever publicly apologized to Margi Dehlin and to all the women who’ve been deeply wounded by the other woman? And I’m talking about an at length and sincere in depth apology which demonstrates introspection, is accountable, and takes full responsibility for your actions?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:29 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:20 pm
...This is the first time I am seeing this. I'm not sure that there is anything that can be done to help and I wonder if people telling her to stop is actually fuelling this spiral further.
No, that's not what is fueling her spiral. It is something far more internal.
The saddest part is that therapy would likely be able to move rosebud quickly to a better place where she can let John Dehlin go. He has been living rent free in her head for over a decade and a half now, and once she just lets that stop she can finally start enjoying a modicum of peace and make real progress.

Instead she keeps holding out hope that she can destroy Dehlin and make him feel the pain she has felt all this time. That will never happen. The best revenge would be rosebud finally living her best life without him in it. These posts are huge red flags that she hasn’t even begun to move on.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Rosebud,

Will you be calling/participating in this evening's show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apgS9qPH0vk
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014