Bokovoy on Mormon Stories

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Bokovoy on Mormon Stories

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CorQBkQ_2AI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8CFLdBHOF4

Looks pretty interesting, I'm watching. I'm not a huge Mormon Stories fan, but I like Bokovoy's work.
Moksha
God

Re: Bokovoy on Mormon Stories

Post by Moksha »

I would like to see John have both Drs. Bokovoy and McClellan on his podcast for a dialogue.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

I honestly don't know how either have retained belief.
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:22 pm
I honestly don't know how either have retained belief.
It's a mystery to me, too.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

The pod cast is a edited re-run from the 2018 series. I believe John is combining 7 or 8 episodes into 3.

David is a good person for sure, brilliant mind. In the 1st interview, in my opinion, he is all over the place. He had just stopped attending church but still has a great love for it. Again in my opinion, from what I got out of it, he is done with being a Latter-day Saint, but is still hanging on and missing being a Mormon, which I get. One cannot just throw away a culture that shaped them, in many ways I will always be Mormon, and I believe a argument can be made it is the reason many of us still post here (this would be a interesting thread).

He said the things that were really interesting for sure...Bob Dylan being a prophet for one, but again it seemed to me he was really struggling by his disbelief in the institution.

It would be very interesting to have John Dehlin do a 2024 interview with him and see where he is today.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Markk wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:56 pm
The pod cast is a edited re-run from the 2018 series. I believe John is combining 7 or 8 episodes into 3.

David is a good person for sure, brilliant mind. In the 1st interview, in my opinion, he is all over the place. He had just stopped attending church but still has a great love for it. Again in my opinion, from what I got out of it, he is done with being a Latter-day Saint, but is still hanging on and missing being a Mormon, which I get. One cannot just throw away a culture that shaped them, in many ways I will always be Mormon, and I believe a argument can be made it is the reason many of us still post here (this would be a interesting thread).

He said the things that were really interesting for sure...Bob Dylan being a prophet for one, but again it seemed to me he was really struggling by his disbelief in the institution.

It would be very interesting to have John Dehlin do a 2024 interview with him and see where he is today.
Didn't he just do one a few days ago? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour ... tM7MBun eta.....I guess this is a remastered version.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Rivendale wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:11 pm
Markk wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:56 pm

Didn't he just do one a few days ago? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour ... tM7MBun eta.....I guess this is a remastered version.
They are remastered, if I remember correctly it was 2018. He mentioned Trump as being president a few times.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

Ah that makes sense. I have him on Facebook and it seems like he is pretty well done, but those interviews being from 2018 would explain a lot.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:52 pm
Ah that makes sense. I have him on Facebook and it seems like he is pretty well done, but those interviews being from 2018 would explain a lot.
I have him on Facebook also. In fact I use one of his quotes often. What do you call an organization that has to tell its members every six months to stay in the boat and doubt their doubts? A religion or a cult?