Manti Temple Open House

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rivendale
God

Re: Manti Temple Open House

Post by Rivendale »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:07 pm
I always thought LDS temples were the greatest waste of money. A super tent, made with super material could be used, divided especially in the spring, summer and fall. The money not spent would help people and bring great happiness.

Let's take $290,000,000.00 spent on the Kirkland Temple. How many MRI or CT machines could be bought for that money. Just $ 300,000,000 per year for many machines though out the world could help catch a cancer in stage 1 and 2 instead of stage 3 and 4. Can people understand what this church can do with the money.

But old white guys keep choosing old white guys as replacements who will only buy real estate. The comparison to their donations to charity and what they buy in real estate is pale in comparison.
Bednar has said they are not a humanitarian organization. I don't know how he can say this outloud when you consider Jesus's opinion regarding money. They don't trust anyone, not even their own members and the majority of the leaders. Elder Packer about had a stroke when the finance division wouldn't give him financial information. They claim it is for a rainy day fund which a world wide pandemic dosen't qualify. Apparently when Jesus comes back he needs that money?
I have highlighted many aspects of our humanitarian outreach efforts around the world. Please remember, however, that we are not primarily a humanitarian organization. We are the Church of Jesus Christ, reestablished or restored upon the earth in the latter days in preparation for the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. We do all of these things because as His disciples we love Him and want to follow His example in our lives.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

When a friend of mine saw the San Diego temple from the freeway, he told me he at first he thought they built a new Disneyland type park.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:22 am
msnobody wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:23 pm

^^^ not gonna happen^^^

It is only through Christ, and His righteousness and His work alone that one can live eternally with HF, JC, HS/HG and the other redeemed.

You’d think they’d make the temple ADA accessible.
Everyone wants to put themselves between you and Jesus don't they?! Jesus isn't enough to them all, it is they who fill in what Jesus failed to provide, to their way of thinking...... :lol:
This led me to an unexpected study of Job, of all things, that maybe I’ll post about in a new thread. Or if I don’t, I’ll just go ahead and post a link if anyone is interested in listening to it.

Edited to add:
After posting on this thread, I wound up listening to probably one of the best expository sermons of a friend, on Job. It is 56 minutes long and he gets rather passionate toward the end. This sort of comes off of my starting to read The Unseen Realm for the second time, then stumbling across this sermon, The Heavenly Council Meeting Above Job. Then, a David Jeremiah devotional
Booklet came in the mail which also speaks of the subtly and tactics of the enemy/accuser.
https://web.sermonaudio.com/sermons/317242351132129

I guess it is meant to be that I study this. Not something I expected to do.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7