Interpreter 2.0?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Interpreter 2.0?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

It looks like those cheap study guides thechurch used to have:

or

or

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Doctor Steuss is persuasive, as usual. I withdraw my objections to the logo.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:12 pm
As for the logo.... I am inclined to think it looks a bit like a side-view of a Slinky in motion. You know: when you set the spiral-shaped toy in motion, it sort of flops over and briefly forms a rainbow-like shape that's not unlike the new logo. Actually, "Slinky in motion" rather sounds like a good descriptor for Mopologetics, if I do say so myself....

Doctor Scratch is spot on and we can clearly see that the INTERPRETER loves to play games:

And it's all downhill from there!

What's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3, you interpreting bastards?

Why did Joseph Smith chop off Anubis's nose? You bastards!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:44 pm
Tom wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:40 pm
If I am not mistaken, there is no explanation of the meaning of the symbol.
I feel moved upon to interpret The Interpreter.

The rays are those of the crown of Liberty, representing the highest calling of the foundation, which is to liberate people from their ignorance. Below, is a door for those who wish to knock, so the fruits of the spirit and reason can be opened unto them. There are seven rays to represent the divine number of completion, and a commitment to work tirelessly until the hopeful and promised day of divinely mandated rest when the Savior will take upon his earthly crown and reward those who have been faithful Mopologetic servants.

Selah.
Seven is a divine number, I believe, so it can be a nod to that, too.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tom wrote:

The rays are those of the crown of Liberty, representing the highest calling of the foundation, which is to liberate people from their ignorance. Below, is a door for those who wish to knock, so the fruits of the spirit and reason can be opened unto them. There are seven rays to represent the divine number of completion, and a commitment to work tirelessly until the hopeful and promised day of divinely mandated rest when the Savior will take upon his earthly crown and reward those who have been faithful Mopologetic servants.

Selah.
This feels ancient to me. I declare it a bullseye.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tom wrote:

Selah.
gawd, be careful! Peterson is gonna plagiarize this for his explanation!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:54 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:

Selah.
This feels ancient to me. I declare it a bullseye.
I'll bet it was found on one of the newly discovered "lost" and "hidden" Dead Sea Scrolls, thus establishing the antiquity! :D
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

INTERPRETER SMOKES WEED
I am inclined to think it looks a bit like a side-view of a Slinky in motion. You know: when you set the spiral-shaped toy in motion, it sort of flops over and briefly forms a rainbow-like shape that's not unlike the new logo. Actually, "Slinky in motion" rather sounds like a good descriptor for Mopologetics, if I do say so myself....

Selah.
It looks like those cheap study guides the church used to have[.]
Now this is the type of constructive feedback that the Foundation needs. I cannot help but note the insipid feedback given thus far on the Interpreter website:
Excellent and fresh new logo, well done!!!!
I really like it. The Foundation is way overdue for this update. Well done.
I like it.
The new look is fresh and vibrant!
Love it!
Personally, I think the Foundation should have gone with a logo featuring the following scripture-based illustration of an ancient Interpreter:

“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857