Interpreter 2.0?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Interpreter 2.0?

Post by Gadianton »

It lacks imagination and worse, actual information based on anyone's experience
wrong. It was based on experience. He played the card suggesting he had direct communication from the other side without saying exactly what that meant.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

As I understand the Mormon theology, the afterlife is split into three levels of descending value based on how people lived Mormonism in this life. If you don’t join the Church in this life then you can’t achieve the top level, no matter what. Further, the top level is split into three more levels. And the top level of the top level is only for married people.

So here’s the issue Mormon’s are going to have - in any given family unit - Grandparents down to grandchildren, there will be one or more family members who won’t make it. So in the Mormon afterlife, if you choose to stick to your achieved level, you’re going to be missing some members of your family whom you love. Let’s say you are all in the Celestial Kingdom except your granddaughter who remained single in this life and who chose not to go through the temple. Do you all spend eternity dwelling apart from her? Why if it’s your daughter, will you choose to dwell eternally without her?

Mormon theology ensures families can’t be together forever.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 am
And the top level of the top level is only for married people.
The very top level in Mormon Heaven is reserved for polygamists. 144,000 in total. 8,563 men and the rest will be sister-wives. Hope that helps.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:09 pm
I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:41 am
And the top level of the top level is only for married people.
The very top level in Mormon Heaven is reserved for polygamists. 144,000 in total. 8,563 men and the rest will be sister-wives. Hope that helps.
Is that the doctrinal belief?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I Have Questions wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:56 am
Is that the doctrinal belief?
Top-level for those engaged in plural marriage.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace