Polygamy, Prostitution, Sex Politics in By's Salt Lake City (BYP LIVE!)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Polygamy, Prostitution, Sex Politics in By's Salt Lake City (BYP LIVE!)

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDZFItBeR5w

Tomorrow night (Sunday, March 24th) at 6 p.m. Mountain time in the USA, I discuss the significance of polygamy, not as a spiritual way of life, but as an extension and actual practice of prostitution in Salt Lake City, and the Mormon leadership allowing and making sure the brothels succeed because they brought in much needed money to the valley. The Mormon leadership was entirely aware of and advocated legislation and laws to allow prostitution, polygamy and saloons into their city in order to thrive. The sordid tale has never been a part of public Mormon history, and no one in seminary nor Sunday school has ever been taught the actual history. Tomorrow night, the Backyard Professor goes full throttle sharing the actual history that is a thunderous shock, and eye opening experience. See you all there.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Polygamy, Prostitution, Sex Politics in By's Salt Lake City (BYP LIVE!)

Post by Philo Sofee »

Thanks for the support and attending and enjoying the chat tonight. It is an important subject and quite eye opening! Appreciate all of you!
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

It was a very good presentation, Philo! Thank you for all of your hard work!

I wonder how many Mormons know that the Church not only sanctioned prostitution, but made a GREAT deal of money from it.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:24 am
It was a very good presentation, Philo! Thank you for all of your hard work!

I wonder how many Mormons know that the Church not only sanctioned prostitution, but made a GREAT deal of money from it.
Indeed! what is to be actually thought that the church sanctioned and helped this sin thrive in Salt Lake City in order for them to be able to make more money?! No repentance for this sin, but help along the way and regulations to keep it in vogue! That's the church for you. If it makes money, to hell with the outdated and in the way sin, lets make er happen and retire fat-n-happy brethren! Money has always been the goal, and Zion the brainwash taught to extract the Babylonian currency from the naïve believers.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Kerry while your audio garbled I got distracted by your chess board wondering how black messed up in what appears to be an inexcusable way. bishop on first rank blocking the rook?

It is probably chance but in my sheltered life the only place I have seen prostitutes looking for customers was in
Salt Lake City. This probably is not real comparison with other large towns.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kerry did an excellent presentation.

Huckleberry, Kerry solved the sound problem by rebooting his computer and relogging into the live stream.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace