Mormon church gives women power and authority?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
markc
Star A

Mormon church gives women power and authority?

Post by markc »

I didn't see this topic being posted; I think it's too good to miss. A devotional talk by Sister Dennis claimed that the church was second to none by giving women power and authority. The Instagram exploded with tons and tons of women in the church screaming "nonsense." Then many were deleted, and more complaints (I mean thousands). The church restored the messages and claimed it was a tech problem. Now a New York Times article addresses this issue and said no evidence about the tech problem. Someone is lying... guess who.

This just came after the church without warning or reason excluded women leaders on the stand in the meeting. Goodness.

See this clip for a quit summary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0w-HVh ... gMormonism

The Mormon church really isn't a very nice place for women. To be fair though, this world isn't most friendly to women. There's still a long way to equity.
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Re: Mormon church gives women power and authority?

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

I know of 16,000 women who disagree with Sister Dennis.
Equality
CTR B

Re: Mormon church gives women power and authority?

Post by Equality »

markc wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:52 am
I didn't see this topic being posted; I think it's too good to miss. A devotional talk by Sister Dennis claimed that the church was second to none by giving women power and authority. The Instagram exploded with tons and tons of women in the church screaming "nonsense." Then many were deleted, and more complaints (I mean thousands). The church restored the messages and claimed it was a tech problem. Now a New York Times article addresses this issue and said no evidence about the tech problem. Someone is lying... guess who.

This just came after the church without warning or reason excluded women leaders on the stand in the meeting. Goodness.

See this clip for a quit summary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0w-HVh ... gMormonism

The Mormon church really isn't a very nice place for women. To be fair though, this world isn't most friendly to women. There's still a long way to equity.
Discussion ongoing in the Mothers in Zion thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=158103&sid=113c728a ... c&start=70