FAIR Board Member and Mopologist, Juliann Reynolds Is Openly Criticizing The Church's Treatment Of LGTBQ Members

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

FAIR Board Member and Mopologist, Juliann Reynolds Is Openly Criticizing The Church's Treatment Of LGTBQ Members

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Times sure are changing. In a thread about David Archuleta leaving the Church, Juliann Reynolds is now criticizing the Church's treatment of LGTBQ members. I've said some rather harsh things about Juliann in the past, but I really applaud her courage for publicly taking this stance. I'm sure the other Mopologists have taken notice of this Judas in their midst.
Juliann
Posted Friday at 12:27 PM
As I said previously, if the church manages to lose someone as stalwart and supportive as Archuleta was, it is time to rethink what they are doing. I am very grateful my child isn't gay because I could not encourage them to stay in a community that expects them to lead a loveless life. This has nothing whatsoever to do with chastity because even marriage isn't an option. So pretending the rules are the same for hetero and homo are beyond disengenuous.

I just hope he doesn't fall into the exmo angry rabbit hole by misrepresenting our theology. I am disgusted by any LDS who would criticize him because he left an unaccepting church.
https://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/75 ... 1210180866
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Re: FAIR Board Member and Mopologist, Juliann Reynolds Is Openly Criticizing The Church's Treatment Of LGTBQ Members

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

I have noticed a significant change in the perceptions and opinions of many of the stalwart members of that board over the last few years. There is now open criticism of church decisions. Criticisms that would have got someone banned five years ago.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: FAIR Board Member and Mopologist, Juliann Reynolds Is Openly Criticizing The Church's Treatment Of LGTBQ Members

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:46 am
I have noticed a significant change in the perceptions and opinions of many of the stalwart members of that board over the last few years. There is now open criticism of church decisions. Criticisms that would have got someone banned five years ago.
Yes, I have not even dared try to post there because I know I would be banned almost pronto, and that is before typing anything.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Good for Juliann. It is much easier on the senses than that old mopologist refrain of "off with their heads".

Speaking of the Mormon D&D board, has poster SMAC tried to parse the lyrics to Hell Together?

It would be a treat to read posts by Kerry on that board. Yeah, baby.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

That's actually not surprising at all. What was surprising was that back in the Z days, she was oblivious to the fact that FARMS was a bunch of reactionary, right-wing nutjobs that had nothing to do with the liberal values that she mistakenly thought made the backbone of the Church. Man, she was so protective of the Proprietor and his associates, they could do no wrong. I Guess she learned her lesson.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

That's pretty amazing, and it should be very concerning for the LDS Church. If it has come to the point that the Julianns in their number are criticizing them, they really need to reevaluate what they are doing.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:46 am
That coincides quite nicely with church leaders telling everyone to get masked and vaccinated. When you tell your fundamentalist base to stop being fundamentalist, it has some blowback.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:35 pm
That's actually not surprising at all. What was surprising was that back in the Z days, she was oblivious to the fact that FARMS was a bunch of reactionary, right-wing nutjobs that had nothing to do with the liberal values that she mistakenly thought made the backbone of the Church. Man, she was so protective of the Proprietor and his associates, they could do no wrong. I Guess she learned her lesson.
She was totally silent back in the day when DCP was trying to convince everyone that D. Michael Quinn got ex'ed due to being a "homosexual sinner."
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

a blog wrote:I hope that people out there are not so confused as to be unable to decide which holiday they should celebrate tomorrow: “Biden Proclaims Easter Sunday ‘Transgender Day of Visibility’”
I wonder if this blog proprietor had seen Juliann's comments and is calling her out?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:31 am
Dr. Peterson wrote:I hope that people out there are not so confused as to be unable to decide which holiday they should celebrate tomorrow: “Biden Proclaims Easter Sunday ‘Transgender Day of Visibility’”
I wonder if this blog proprietor had seen Juliann's comments and is calling her out?
Dr. Peterson just assumed that March 31st and Easter were the same thing. What he didn't take into account is that Easter can fall on different days, unlike the Mormon high holy days: Pioneer Day, Joseph Smith's Birthday, and Christmas.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace