Elder Holland may not be Secondly Anointed?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Elder Holland may not be Secondly Anointed?

Post by huckelberry »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:21 pm
In other non-news . . . .

I would file this under “statements of sincere humility.”
Yes, I would imagine he wants to encourage his audience so is speaking as if in their position. It would be quite out of place to consider his own second annointing status.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

huckelberry wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:28 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:21 pm
In other non-news . . . .

I would file this under “statements of sincere humility.”
Yes, I would imagine he wants to encourage his audience so is speaking as if in their position. It would be quite out of place to consider his own second annointing status.
There’s something smarmy about selling the product to the members without telling them you got the best part for free. And you dribble out that best part to friends and family of those around you. While you earn your living off the members who mostly don’t know this best part exists and if they do aren’t allowed to even speak about it with other members.

But that’s just me. Maybe others think it’s admirable and Christlike.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:31 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:28 pm
There’s something smarmy about selling the product to the members without telling them you got the best part for free. And you dribble out that best part to friends and family of those around you. While you earn your living off the members who mostly don’t know this best part exists and if they do aren’t allowed to even speak about it with other members.

Surely like those that pronounce cello correctly.

How did they know?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:33 pm
drumdude wrote:

Surely like those that pronounce cello correctly.

How did they know?
Now I want a croissant.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:

I find it astounding that you would count as a trifle Elder Holland’s devotion of his entire life to what he believes in. So, to you he gets this special blessing “for free.” Only free in the sense that everyone who has devoted everything to their faith gets the blessings “for free.” I may not agree with the LDS apostles, but I do not doubt their genuine devotion and commitment of their lives to what they do. Treating them as though they were grifters or exploiters is silly.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:36 pm
Treating them as though they were grifters or exploiters is silly.
Which apostle was it again that got bailed out by the church due to his own crappy business practices? Something about cars and music halls and whatnot?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:41 pm
Which apostle was it again that got bailed out by the church due to his own crappy business practices? Something about cars and music halls and whatnot?
Oooooooo! What a gotcha!!! So one of the apostles is the exception that proves the rule, eh?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:42 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:41 pm
Oooooooo! What a gotcha!!! So one of the apostles is the exception that proves the rule, eh?
Are you seriously suggesting that church leaders haven’t profited directly from the church and off the backs of its membership? Over thirty years of documenting lds leadership malfeasances, nepotism, quid pro quo contracts, financial abuses, and you have the balls to sit there and go to bat for them? Give me a damned break.

BY tips his hat to you for the support. :roll:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:49 pm
Are you seriously suggesting that church leaders haven’t profited directly from the church and off the backs of its membership? Over thirty years of documenting lds leadership malfeasances, nepotism, quid pro quo contracts, financial abuses, and you have the balls to sit there and go to bat for them? Give a damned break.

- Doc
Are you seriously trying to get me to agree with your mis-characterization of my words?

Better luck next time.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:51 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:49 pm
Are you seriously suggesting that church leaders haven’t profited directly from the church and off the backs of its membership? Over thirty years of documenting lds leadership malfeasances, nepotism, quid pro quo contracts, financial abuses, and you have the balls to sit there and go to bat for them? Give a damned break.

- Doc
Are you seriously trying to get me to agree with your mis-characterization of my words?

Better luck next time.
Your words stand on their own merit. Which apostle was involved with the Memorial Estates Security Corporation again? God, there so many scandals where LDS funds are being misused that I’m having a hard time sorting them all.

Anyway, circling back, the 2nd Anointing is a huge grift for apostles and the such, since the Anointed leadership don’t have the burden of paying on their income - it’s another 10% in their bank accounts.

Weird that has to be pointed out. :oops:

- Doc