My First Short Documentary on Biblical Archaeology

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

My First Short Documentary on Biblical Archaeology

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoflEzUVwxo&t=24s

What takes 12 mere minutes to watch took me over 12 hours to produce!? Good Lawdy, Lawdy mates! I had no idea..... but what a blast to be creative, have fun, share some ideas, help some see things in a new light, etc., and etc. Come and enjoy. I don't wanna see any bawl babies crying that it's too long to watch either.

I am contemplating my next one on Quantum Physics....YEAH BABY!

And another one on the nature of Being. YEAHER BABY! :D
Kishkumen
God

Re: My First Short Documentary on Biblical Archaeology

Post by Kishkumen »

Awesome stuff, Philo!!!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:40 pm
Awesome stuff, Philo!!!
Thanks Kish. I was amazed at how much time it took me however. A boatload of details are involved I didn't imagine. This is the first of many I shall produce, and hopefully get better and speedier at it. It is my minor contribution to Cassius University and all the variegated and types of research we do here to enlarge the minds of humanity.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:33 pm
Thanks Kish. I was amazed at how much time it took me however. A boatload of details are involved I didn't imagine. This is the first of many I shall produce, and hopefully get better and speedier at it. It is my minor contribution to Cassius University and all the variegated and types of research we do here to enlarge the minds of humanity.
As a colleague at Cassius U., I salute your great efforts!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

nicely presented with some good book suggestions. Thanks Philo.
hauslern
Bishop

Post by hauslern »

I read somewhere Dever and Finkelstein had a falling out in regard to the archaeology. Finkelstein in his book David and Solomon writes "The Biblical thousand one nights story of Solomon and Sheba is this an anachronistic seventh century set piece meant to legitimize the participation of Judah in the lucrative Arabian trade: p,171 (David and Solomon).
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

hauslern wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:03 pm
I read somewhere Dever and Finkelstein had a falling out in regard to the archaeology. Finkelstein in his book David and Solomon writes "The Biblical thousand one nights story of Solomon and Sheba is this an anachronistic seventh century set piece meant to legitimize the participation of Judah in the lucrative Arabian trade: p,171 (David and Solomon).
And if not a fall out with the archaeology, at least with one archaeologist, William G. Dever. There is an argument going about which I shall discuss in up coming videos, to be sure.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

huckelberry wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:23 pm
nicely presented with some good book suggestions. Thanks Philo.
It's gonna be FUN when I start getting to historical Jesus issues, to be sure. I suspect half the audience, no matter what stance a video takes, will be really mad about it. There is no pleasing everyone with the subject of Jesus. It's one of the things that makes it so very interesting to learn about!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:35 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:33 pm
As a colleague at Cassius U., I salute your great efforts!
I am honored (takes a bow). Wait til ya see what I do with the historical Jesus stuff! Oh and Paul. Oh my what an emotion wringer he has become! Gonna stir the pot baby, gonna stir it hard!
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

I finally set the music aside. Let me put the AirPods back in and give it a listen. Who needs sleep, right?

Thanks for the time you took to do that, Philo.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7