Boylan's Blog Removed

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Boylan's Blog Removed

Post by Marcus »

Boylan has objected to this before, it seems. From an August 2023 thread here:
drumdude wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:46 pm
“Bobby Boyland” wrote: Recently on youtube, Travis Morgan (or one of his equally obsessive followers) posted the following about yours truly:

"Apparently, you've only spoken to sycophants concerning Boylan. Boylan has never produced a scholarly work, and the books he has self-published are highly questionable in terms of content and quality (he leaves 5 star reviews on his own books anyways lol). Boylan has a penchant for writing trashy hit pieces about those who criticize him on his blog. This includes attempts at revealing personal information and posting pictures of other people children along with thinly veiled threats. He was also caught up in the "Richard Nygren incident" in which he pretended to be a black person online so he could harass a member of his own church with whom he had a disagreement. He was active in the Deznat (LDS white nationalist) movement as recently as two years ago. If you have him on the show, be sure to ask him about these things."

So, my question for Travis Morgan (and assuming this is not a sock puppet) his obsessive sycophant are as follows:

Where have you formally studied theology? Last time I checked a B.S. in Science (Secondary Education: History and Social Studies) from Northern Arizona University (lol!) gives you no credibility on the topics. Bonus points if you provide any peer-reviewed article(s) and/or other scholarly works.

Please document that I am a white supremacist or sympathetic to it. Innuendo will not work; I want documentation. I am sure Tarik LaCour, Adam Stokes, et al., will be surprised to find out they have associated with a racist, but I am sure, being the top-class researcher you are, you will demonstrate such.

Please document where I ever pretended to be a black man. EVER. (for background on the Richard Nygren affair, see the discussion here and Mike Parker’s summary here). It was an ex-LDS by the name of Ray Lawler who set up an account called "Richard Nygren" with a picture of Rick James. I look forward to the documentation proving otherwise, however.

by the way, as you often engage in projection by calling me a “coward,” want me to suggest your name to Matt Fradd to debate Trent Horn, Jimmy Akin, John Bergsma, etc.? I know, being the brave keyboard warrior you truly are, you will do such; in fact, why don’t you reach out to Fradd? As a fan of Martin Chemnitz, I am sure you will mop the floor with them.

by the way, feel free to use either your tm434@nau.edu address or the boylanisaturd@yahoo.com address you set up last year.

Failure to answer will show that you are the intellectual fraud, coward, and mere keyboard warrior we all know you are, Travis.
The OP of this thread contains more details.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I just don't understand the level of hostility and ugliness that Boylan displays in the linked thread. I mean, WOW!!! Yikes!!!

Don't make things so personal.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:44 am
I just don't understand the level of hostility and ugliness that Boylan displays in the linked thread. I mean, WOW!!! Yikes!!!

I've been doing some reading and listening on the topic of narcissism. Boylan engages in pretty classic narcissistic behavior: Grandiosity toward the self; devaluation toward the other. If he has NPD, he has no control over his ugly behavior.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:45 am
The OP of this thread contains more details.
Boylan has tried to doxx multiple people over the years and I've been told his blog has been reported before. The doxxing post he made this past Sunday against an ex-Mormon finally got him banned, for now at least.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Bobby B on his youtube channel wrote:For those wondering about my blog:

A bunch of people (I am pretty confident who at least some of them are . . . ) marked my blog as a "spam blog," and it was removed as a result thereof. I have disputed this with blogger/google, so hopefully it will be restored later this week. I have also queried a lawyer friend of mine in case I need to escalate things.

Until then, one can find the blog on archive.org at:

https://web.archive.org/web/202402042...
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:

Mormons are allowed to engage in both awful and unethical behavior if it is in defense of their church. Remember their mantra as they crawl through the mud with their bayonets fixed: "NO SLAM DUNKS!"
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:24 pm
Kishkumen wrote:

Mormons are allowed to engage in both awful and unethical behavior if it is in defense of their church. Remember their mantra as they crawl through the mud with their bayonets fixed: "NO SLAM DUNKS!"
Genius! They pop the basketballs with the bayonets.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

Kishkumen wrote:

It's likely that he doesn't even understand his own behavior.
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:13 pm
I've been doing some reading and listening on the topic of narcissism. Boylan engages in pretty classic narcissistic behavior: grandiosity toward the self; devaluation toward the other. If he has NPD, he has no control over his ugly behavior.
I would agree that he shows these behaviors consistently and NPD would explain why.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It seems the blog is back up.

Hilariously, every post has been re-dated to 5 hours ago!

http://scripturalmormonism.blogspot.com/