Boylan's Blog Removed

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Boylan's Blog Removed

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

It appears that Boylan's blog scripturalmormonism has been removed from blogspot. The rumor among some of his critics is that he doxxed an ex-Mormon and listed the names of his kids in the post. The ex-Mormon and his friends then mass reported Boylan's blog. I can't confirm that, but I've heard it from several people.

This message currently appears if you try to search for Boylan's blog. I wonder what he will do next?

Edit: I can't seem to get the screenshot to attach. But if you try to visit his blog, you'll get a screen that says, "Sorry, the blog at scripturalmormonism.blogspot.com has been removed. This address is not available for new blogs."
drumdude
God

Re: Boylan's Blog Removed

Post by drumdude »

This must be absolutely devastating to the 3 people who read his blog twice a year.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Tapir Rodeo wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:15 pm
It appears that Boylan's blog scripturalmormonism has been removed from blogspot. The rumor among some of his critics is that he doxxed an ex-Mormon and listed the names of his kids in the post. The ex-Mormon and his friends then mass reported Boylan's blog. I can't confirm that, but I've heard it from several people.

This message currently appears if you try to search for Boylan's blog. I wonder what he will do next?

Edit: I can't seem to get the screenshot to attach. But if you try to visit his blog, you'll get a screen that says, "Sorry, the blog at scripturalmormonism.blogspot.com has been removed. This address is not available for new blogs."
I hope we see him return to the blogosphere with a more temperate voice.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:48 pm
I hope we see him return to the blogosphere with a more temperate voice.
I doubt he will learn anything from this. Based on his past behviors, it is more likely that he will double down and be more vitroilic than before.

I hope I am wrong.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Wow.... If this is true, it represents a devastating blow to Mopologetics. They have been warned countless times about how their tactics will eventually backfire, but they never (or seldom?) seem to listen. Has anyone checked Boylan's Twitter/X feed to see if he has said anything about this on that platform?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:11 pm
Wow.... If this is true, it represents a devastating blow to Mopologetics. They have been warned countless times about how their tactics will eventually backfire, but they never (or seldom?) seem to listen. Has anyone checked Boylan's Twitter/X feed to see if he has said anything about this on that platform?
I checked his lively youtube channel:

Even his friends can't be bothered to at least give his videos a single view. Come on DCP, you can't even click once?
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Tapir Rodeo wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:15 pm
Boylan is lucky they aren't suing him right now. There are some very harsh anti-doxxing laws on the books in most States now.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:18 pm
This must be absolutely devastating to the 3 people who read his blog twice a year.
I guess I'm 30% of Boylan's audience.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Any chance he can find a spot on Patheos?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:11 pm
Boylan posted this on his YouTube community page a few hours ago.

"For those wondering about my blog:

A bunch of people (I am pretty confident who at least some of them are . . . ) marked my blog as a "spam blog," and it was removed as a result thereof. I have disputed this with blogger/google, so hopefully it will be restored later this week. I have also queried a lawyer friend of mine in case I need to escalate things."

This is not an accurate representation of why the blog was removed based on what multiple people have told me, but Boylan is not known for his honesty. Whether he gets the blog back or not, it is clear he has learned nothing from this experience and will probably continue to doxx people. The fact that the blog was removed in the first place is an indictment on Boylan and his associates, but its likely they will just spin it as persecution.