The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Why is it that the exMormon men think publicly lying about and defaming women is the best strategy?

Post by Marcus »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:42 am
John stopped an office romance before it got out of hand...
??? I am curious at what point you consider his behavior in this situation to be 'in hand'? Was it when he was having some sort of relationship with someone who worked for him, but before he got her fired? Do you think his wife thought that part was 'in hand'?
Marcus
God

Re: Can we get a Rosebud mega thread like we did for Doubting Thomas?

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:43 pm
I’d suggest it’d serve everyone’s interests in that we avoid all the annual Rosebud spam and Rosebud has one thread in which her documentation is collated, so to speak. It’d act as both an east-to-find repository for, uh, historians, and clean up whatever fart bubble pops up in her some.

What say you Dr. Shades and the Mod team?

- Doc
I agree. There have been 6 in the last month, and at least 25 since this board's new iteration.
Rosebud
Star B

Post by Rosebud »

This would work for me except that I have to be able to address different audiences and topics. For example, the owner of the Rosebud Wiki won’t see a post unless I title it something like “To the Owner of the Rosebud Wiki.” Whomever that is would likely never dig through a thread. And do you think a board as inept as the Open Stories Foundation board is going to go digging?

Wanna know a really really really easy solution?

Block me.

Or don’t ever open a thread. Honestly, this is all a very small inconvenience to you in comparison to others, including but not limited to myself. (You just like complaining.)
List of members I have on ignore:
drumdude

The Mormon Rosebud Wiki: http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Rosebud wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:57 pm
This would work for me except that I have to be able to address different audiences and topics. For example, the owner of the Rosebud Wiki won’t see a post unless I title it something like “To the Owner of the Rosebud Wiki.” Whomever that is would likely never dig through a thread. And do you think a board as inept as the Open Stories Foundation board is going to go digging?

Block me.

Or don’t ever open a thread. Honestly, this is all a very small inconvenience to you in comparison to others, including but not limited to myself. (You just like complaining.)
Your issues about targeting specific people has been addressed before. Here is one of your posts that was moved for exactly that reason, along with some (still very pertinent) advice:
Rosebud wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:42 pm
Now that you've blocked me on Facebook, Bill, make sure that you get somebody to screenshot the post I just made.

It is all about Mormonism and what has been happening for the last several years, thus this post belongs in the Terrestrial Forum. Don't move it MD (or DM or whatever) moderators. This is where Bill and RFM read. And when was this board ever really about discussing anything besides drama between competing Mormon factions?

<Snipped>

Hi, Rosebud - this thread has been moved as it appears to only be an appeal to a specific board member to read something offsite, while providing no other context. If you believe that your target audience is willing to read any post created by you, then they will likely also read any PM from you. Please use the PM function for these sorts of highly targeted communications. -cp-
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

There can be drawbacks to very long threads. We once had a thread where a fellow posted the Bible in bite sized pieces. May have seemed rather pointless, the Bible being available for all, but was intended to invite discussion I think. There actually were some good discussions from Dan McClellan in the tread which I think were valuable. They were buried under many pages without contributions making the good parts very difficult to find and pretty much lost by now.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Rosebud wrote:

Block me.

Well, you don’t really engage in discussion on a discussion board nor do you really answer questions. Since you’re uninterested in discussing much I think it wise to collate your postings into one thread since they’re essentially the same crap.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:35 pm
There can be drawbacks to very long threads. We once had a thread where a fellow posted the Bible in bite sized pieces. May have seemed rather pointless, the Bible being available for all, but was intended to invite discussion I think. There actually were some good discussions from Dan McClellan in the tread which I think were valuable. They were buried under many pages without contributions making the good parts very difficult to find and pretty much lost by now.
I see your point, but rosebud has clearly stated she has no interest in engaging with posters here. She has disparaged the 'discussion' aspects of posting here, and has clearly stated her intent to simply use this board, not participate.

Some examples:
Rosebud wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:52 am
... protecting myself from John’s retaliations through creating a record and communicating to John that the record he doesn’t want made is being made and time stamped regardless of his retaliations is the only reason I’ve ever posted here.

I have no other reason for being here and never would have posted here if it weren’t for John’s dishonesty and retaliations. There is nothing about this board and me that doesn’t have to do with John.

Why would I write about something else in my autobiography? I intentionally leave all other information about me off this board for privacy reasons. I’m not exactly trying to show anyone a -whole- person here...
And this
Rosebud wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:40 pm
[I’m not here to give you or anyone else clues. Why would I waste time on that? What purpose would there be? I’m a very practical person. I’ve repeated what I’m doing here and why ad nauseam...

I’m not here for the reasons other posters are here. I’m not talking to you, not because I’m trying to be rude, but because my (practical) objectives are different...
And this
Rosebud wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:59 pm
...What it is probably worth considering is that not a lot of us are trying to grow reputations on message boards like this one. This is a niche place. If y'all want to grow your reputations here.... go for it. Maybe just don't project your incentives onto me. If I were trying to grow a reputation, I'm not sure why I'd come here. That'd be weird. What a weird little place this is, no?
Ironically, Rosebud has most definitely 'grown' a reputation for herself here. And not a good one.

in my opinion, a Rosebud megathread would allow her to continue to use this board for her non-board purposes, as she apparently thinks she is due, while at the same time minimizing the interference with our actual board layout and the viewing of conversations.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Rosebud wrote:
Rosebud, using a title or heading within the body of the post isn’t a bad idea at all. After a thread consolidation, the search function here would allow someone to easily find specific content of interest.

So, a megathread could be set up. Just be aware that new threads would be consolidated into it if one is set up.

Block me.

Requesting that a number of board users block threads that have been created by a single user to arguably serve only that single user’s need doesn’t really fit into the purpose of the board and its community.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

How about a Rosebud subforum?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

I really do not see any reason to do anything about this, worry about this or fret. The board is in a lull and people are short of things to haggle over. The Rosebud situation will not change due to how related posts are arranged.

Four out of 23 threads on page one are Rosebud. They hardly block the view to other things.