DCP Admits that Joseph Smith's Polygamy was "Probably" Motivated by "Sexual Desire"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: DCP Admits that Joseph Smith's Polygamy was "Probably" Motivated by "Sexual Desire"

Post by Marcus »

I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:18 am
drumdude wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:36 am
There’s a catch-22 with those marriages. Either Joseph deprived these young women of romantic life, or he groomed them for his own sexual gratification.

There’s no way Joseph comes out looking like anything other than a creep with the underage marriages..
That’s it in a nutshell.
Yes it is.
It’s interesting to read D&C 132 through the lens that this was Joseph attempting to control his wife into letting him have multiple sexual partners, whilst ensuring sauce for the Gander wasn’t sauce for the Goose.
Yes. I wonder where this would have gone if Joseph Smith hadn't died.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Re: DCP Admits that Joseph Smith's Polygamy was "Probably" Motivated by "Sexual Desire"

Post by bill4long »

"Brother Joseph probably had hot pants".
"Please don't look at what I'm pretending to do with my hands."

The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Good Lord!!!! Freud would have had a heyday with this picture.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:09 pm
I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:18 am
That’s it in a nutshell.
Yes it is.
It’s interesting to read D&C 132 through the lens that this was Joseph attempting to control his wife into letting him have multiple sexual partners, whilst ensuring sauce for the Gander wasn’t sauce for the Goose.
Yes. I wonder where this would have gone if Joseph Smith hadn't died.
I think Warren Jeffs' example might answer that question.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Joseph certainly wasn't a vile human being who used and abused the women in his life and would never publicly defame and slander any women who rebuffed his advances.

It's great that DCP loves Joseph Smith. I'm sure DCP hopes his granddaughter will marry someone as faithful, true, and honorable as Joseph Smith.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 am
Joseph certainly wasn't a vile human being who used and abused the women in his life and would never publicly defame and slander any women who rebuffed his advances.
Indeed. Do you agree that he was relatively decent?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:31 am
I think the heart symbol he was making only accented how well he was dressed.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace