The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Can we get a Rosebud mega thread like we did for Doubting Thomas?

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 pm
... The Rosebud situation will not change due to how related posts are arranged...
:lol: No argument there!!!!

On the other hand, there is clearly precedent for combining multiple, repetitive threads from a single author about the same topic into a megathread. Currently having the physical space to accommodate such behavior doesn't seem like a sufficient reason to overturn past policy.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I think huck is right, the main effect (perhaps the one everyone is really hoping for) will be that less people pay attention and rosebud gets bored of posting and posts less.

That was certainly the case when I made a DCP thread. No one really cared, even me, after a very short time. Most of what DCP posts is about as interesting as watching paint dry. You have to slog through a lot to get to anything remotely noteworthy.

So basically what this comes down to seems like a slightly veiled desire to shut down rosebud and softly cancel her from the board.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Nah, shutting her out would be removing her ability to start threads. Not to mention that Shades would never stand for that!!!

Asking for a megathread is just asking to combine the repetitiveness of her starting posts. Precedent is well established for this.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:49 pm
Nah, shutting her out would be removing her ability to start threads. Not to mention that Shades would never stand for that!!!

Asking for a megathread is just asking to combine the repetitiveness of her starting posts. Precedent is well established for this.
I think it’s worth noting that the other posters it was applied to weren’t just being repetitive, they were combative, rude, and actively trolling because they didn’t respect the board.

Rosebud may not respect it like we do but she’s been relatively civil.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm
Marcus wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:49 pm

I think it’s worth noting that the other posters it was applied to weren’t just being repetitive, they were combative, rude, and actively trolling because they didn’t respect the board.

I disagree. High spy was similar, but he still got his megathread.

Not that our opinions matter. The mods will decide.
Last edited by Marcus on Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:10 pm
drumdude wrote:

That’s a fair point. But to Huck’s other point, it’s not like the board is rife with posts. We are in a bit of slow period. Maybe we can give her a little wiggle room?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Marcus wrote:
drumdude wrote:

I do not have strong feeling about this one way or the other. I compulsively add, I can at least tell what Rosebud is talking about though I have no solution for her. I find Highspys continual hiding of his thoughts , assuming there are some as a bit annoying. Well no real suffering and maybe Highspy will discover or figure out what it is that is agitating him.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:18 pm
Marcus wrote:

I do not have strong feeling about this one way or the other. I compulsively add, I can at least tell what Rosebud is talking about though I have no solution for her. I find Highspys continual hiding of his thoughts , assuming there are some as a bit annoying. Well no real suffering and maybe Highspy will discover or figure out what it is that is agitating him.
Lol, agreed. I must have added my edit just as you were posting:
...Not that our opinions matter. The mods will decide...
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:14 pm
Marcus wrote:

That’s a fair point. But to Huck’s other point, it’s not like the board is rife with posts. We are in a bit of slow period. Maybe we can give her a little wiggle room?
It seems more important to me to be consistent in rulings, but, as I added in a recent edit,
...Not that our opinions matter. The mods will decide...
Rosebud
Star B

It’s really easy if you stick with telling the truth

Post by Rosebud »

File it all wherever you want whenever you want. I’m telling the truth.

And no, there has never been an investigation. Not ever.

And I’m telling the truth about that. My truth that there was no investigation overrides anyone else’s lies that there was, even if they put those lies into writing to make it look like an investigation happened when it didn’t.

Send the documentation of the investigation itself. What questions did you ask me? How did I answer them? What documents did you request? When did I give them to you in answer to your request? Show me the record of the investigation you are pretending happened. We’ll put it on the wiki.

The truth is easy.
List of members I have on ignore:
drumdude

The Mormon Rosebud Wiki: http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr