The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: It’s really easy if you stick with telling the truth

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:47 pm
No one is losing sleep worrying that Rosebud might be right. She has cried wolf for over a decade here.
Rosebud would have a greater chance of whipping up a hanging party in New Hampshire or someplace pre-internet.

As far as lawyers go, Trump's hush money trial is ongoing, while the trial regarding his attempted coup to thwart the United States Constitution and become an unelected dictator is stalled by the Supreme Court considering the issue. Lawyers need to examine questions that would seem forgone conclusions to the rest of us.
Last edited by Moksha on Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Rosebud’s real gripe leaks through occasionally. She thinks that all of Mormon Stories’ success is due to her. That John was just a face, she was the real genius and person who made it all happen. She wants a payout for all her work. Here’s her YouTube Bio explaining her perspective:

“My success drew too much attention” is possibly the most delusional statement she’s ever made.
Moksha
God

Re: Can we get a Rosebud mega thread like we did for Doubting Thomas?

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:18 pm
How about a Rosebud subforum?
Are you thinking Spirit Rosebud or a more generic one on Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Speaking of rosebud's inconsistent statements, this is really bothersome.
From Rosebud's 6/2023 entry:
I have never been a cheater. I am someone who strives to be honest and to do what is right. But the me of my past was ripe for a manipulative offender who was busy using deceit…. and she got seduced and exploited along the way.
https://www.mormonrosebud.com/my-unders ... e-changed/
But here, 3/2024:
Rosebud wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:08 pm
I mean, to be fair, I set out to have an affair in my late 30s. That was my goal, To be honest....

Too bad I didn’t get the affair I needed. (Yes, by that point in my life “needed” is the right word, even if TBMs will gasp.) ...
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:05 pm
I have never been a cheater. I am someone who strives to be honest and to do what is right. But the me of my past was ripe for a manipulative offender who was busy using deceit…. and she got seduced and exploited along the way.
https://www.mormonrosebud.com/my-unders ... e-changed/
But here, 3/2024:
Rosebud wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:08 pm
I mean, to be fair, I set out to have an affair in my late 30s. That was my goal, To be honest....

Too bad I didn’t get the affair I needed. (Yes, by that point in my life “needed” is the right word, even if TBMs will gasp.) ...
Yeah, this is where the tide really turned for me.

I see the situation very differently now.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:04 am
Marcus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:05 pm
But here, 3/2024:

There’s nothing wrong with believing someone you thought was acting in good faith. Most victims don’t act the way Rosebud does, and need the help you tried to offer.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:37 am
jpatterson wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:04 am

There’s nothing wrong with believing someone you thought was acting in good faith. Most victims don’t act the way Rosebud does, and need the help you tried to offer.
In fairness (and for clarity) I have come to realize that no one in this situation has acted in good faith.

A pox on all their houses.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

jpatterson wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 am
A pox on all their houses.
That line should be a cue for RFM to appear.
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

If someone is harmed then the appropriate authorities need to be contacted. Delaying it just creates a host of problems.

Boyd K. Packer's famous little factory talk comes to mind. At the end and closing, and not about his main topic, he went on to talk about a missionary that really needed to talk to him. He felt like something was very serious like sleeping with so and so's wife, but was relieved to find out it was only about one companion physically assaulting another one who he believed was gay. When he tried to calm the missionary down, the guy replied " I decked him", and as the story went on Packer would remark "is that all" basically suggesting that someone needed to set his companion straight. I remember being about 15 and sitting up on the stand at the stake center as it was Saturday night general priesthood and you sat where you liked.

FAIR tried to explain that the guy that decked his companion had a right to defend himself. Never in Packer's story did he suggest that the individual who the companion thought was gay attempted at anytime to touch him in anyway. If he did, then it was a crime. Meaning, just like a heterosexual missionary cannot go up and grab the breast of a female missionary without him being in handcuffs ten minutes later, a male missionary who likes guys cannot go up and touch his companion in some similar way, just because he's gay and likes the guy. They are both assaults, but Packer's talk is vague in details.

So we know from Packers talk that a crime did occur. The heterosexual missionary decked his companion. One punch deaths occur throughout the USA and the world every year. Not just death but a host of other problems such as falling back hitting your head which can then go in twenty five different directions including spending the next 60 years in diapers, unable to speak and all goals and plans needing to be set aside. Depression, anxiety, withdrawal, and a host of other problems can appear as well. Why Packer didn't immediately have the physically abusive missionary, released, police contacted and a report filed is beyond me. I'll say it again, delaying it is wrong. It allows the wound to get infected which can lead to a host of other issues.

Why in the MTC an hour or two, is not devoted to those who get abused by their companion and what to do, or to those who do the abusing and what to expect is beyond me. All I remember is Joe Christen*****raising his voice and saying, "Elders, never leave your companion" which sounded like Oz behind the curtain, and J.R. Bail***up on the stand smiling. But as to Elder Boyd K Packer:

"In 1993, President Packer warned that "religion faced the greatest threat from three groups: feminists, homosexuals and intellectuals."

https://news-ug.churchofjesuschrist.org ... y-of-faith

Did the companion assaulted start showing signs of depression, anxiety, withdrawal, or any other symptoms that children that are abused will likely display. Nobody knows. One talk at general conference about the church not being as important as the Savior was quickly redone even with the sound of someone coughing during the speech, but this one stayed put; it was printed into a very small book for the Aaronic Priesthood, until people started realizing exactly what Packer said and the possible harm and medical assistance needed after the assault. And then it was pulled but this is the age of the internet and it remains alive for everyone to hear.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.