Marcus...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Imwashingmypirate
Prophet

Marcus...

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Sorry for scaring you and thank you for kicking my ass.

I'm more unwell than I thought. Going for x-rays and the Dr. has just taken blood. Probably going to be here a while. I wouldn't have come in if it weren't for your message.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Marcus...

Post by Res Ipsa »

Props to Marcus and get well soon, Pirate.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Imwashingmypirate
Prophet

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm
<3 still here.

Getting really tired now. Just had x-ray.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 pm
Ditto!
Imwashingmypirate
Prophet

I'm home yay! So it's bacterial. Not viral so not flu and not measles. They don't know the cause. They've given me more antibiotics that are stronger and now am to take 11 antibiotics pills per day. (I hate taking pills). Inflammatory markers are increasing so lots of rest, fluids, and ibuprofen. I asked if it could be from the mice he said they can't tell.

To go straight back if I get any fever/worsening pain/ flu symptoms etc. and also to go back if the antibiotics don't work for IV antibiotics.

So I'm not so unwell that they want to keep me but I was enough that I needed to go because the antibiotics I had weren't going to cut it. Fingers crossed the new ones help and I don't need to go back.

At least I know I'm not riding out a virus and can expect to feel better.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 pm
I'm home yay! So it's bacterial. Not viral so not flu and not measles. They don't know the cause. They've given me more antibiotics that are stronger and now am to take 11 antibiotics pills per day. (I hate taking pills). Inflammatory markers are increasing so lots of rest, fluids, and ibuprofen. I asked if it could be from the mice he said they can't tell.

To go straight back if I get any fever/worsening pain/ flu symptoms etc. and also to go back if the antibiotics don't work for IV antibiotics.

So I'm not so unwell that they want to keep me but I was enough that I needed to go because the antibiotics I had weren't going to cut it. Fingers crossed the new ones help and I don't need to go back.

At least I know I'm not riding out a virus and can expect to feel better.
Good to know things are looking favorable.
Imwashingmypirate
Prophet

Thanks <3 going to get some sleep.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Glad you went. Hope you feel better soon, Pirate. Stay hydrated.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 pm
Sorry for scaring you and thank you for kicking my ass.

I'm more unwell than I thought. Going for x-rays and the Dr. has just taken blood. Probably going to be here a while. I wouldn't have come in if it weren't for your message.
No problem, I'm glad it worked out. I understand trying to distinguish between feeling like it's just a flu thing vs. something is really wrong. That's a fairly common issue, and why in my opinion pneumonia can be so dangerous. My spouse went from feeling what he described as a little under the weather to us deciding he should go to the hospital in just a matter of hours, which was when we found out about the pneumonia. It was a very, very scary time.