Numbers...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Re: Numbers...

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Valo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:51 pm
Marcus wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:15 pm

Yes, you've mentioned several times you do not lie. :roll: People who don't lie usually don't have to keep mentioning that, so you'll understand the skepticism.

What game are you playing?
Okay, as far as I can tell I have not mentioned that several times. I mean if I take my life as a whole, I've said it "several times" but not in this context, not to you, and not here. So, care to explain?

As far as what game? I just told you. :D

I am playing the game where the rules are:

1. I do not lie
2. I am sincere
3. I am authentic

Yeah, just being yourself is a game because life is a game, it's a play. I am playing and so are you. I am being upfront with you about the fact that I am playing and I am telling you what my rules are.

But that's not what you are apparently used to. Most people aren't. This is an example of the idea I have been teaching. We project on to other people our fears and our insecurities. If we haven't accepted ourselves as we are then we cannot accept others as they are. And so we see others the way we see ourselves, quite often.
This is an interesting perspective. I think you make some key points but how you phrase what you are saying might be rubbing people the wrong way lol.

I don't perceive life as a game. I wonder... If perhaps there might be some dissociation going on. I think it's ok to live your life that way and visualise things that way but it might not get warm responses because people don't like others making assumptions about who they are and how they perceive the world.

When you say you are playing a game it implies something not very nice. I didn't take it on board because I can see from your posts that the kind of game you think you are playing and the kind of game it reads like you are playing are two different things. When people say they are playing games, generally, society assumes it is manipulative, abusive, and generally has a strong negative connotation. We assume people who are "playing games" are here for the wrong reasons and are out to cause harm. However, your posts seem pretty harmless. I think this might just be a difference in how you express yourself.

I don't like games and I don't play games. I just roll with the punches and plod on in life. I moan a bunch. I have no one who wants to listen lol. But I just go along with life. I pray for peace and safety.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Marcus wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:58 pm
Valo wrote:

Okay, as far as I can tell I have not mentioned that several times. I mean if I take my life as a whole, I've said it "several times" but not in this context, not to you, and not here. So, care to explain?

1. I do not lie
2. I am sincere
3. I am authentic

Yeah, just being yourself is a game because life is a game, it's a play. I am playing and so are you. I am being upfront with you about the fact that I am playing and I am telling you what my rules are.

But that's not what you are apparently used to. Most people aren't. This is an example of the idea I have been teaching. We project on to other people our fears and our insecurities. If we haven't accepted ourselves as we are then we cannot accept others as they are. And so we see others the way we see ourselves, quite often.
Gotcha. Your last paragraph is a great explanation of why you seeing life as a game means you project that everyone sees life the same way, even when they don't.
I did not say that I think everyone sees that life is a game. They don't. That part of why l am here to help show this Truth. There are plenty of people in denial or pretending.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Marcus wrote:
Valo wrote:

1. I do not lie
2. I am sincere
3. I am authentic

Gotcha. Your last paragraph is a great explanation of why you seeing life as a game means you project that everyone sees life the same way, even when they don't.
I did not say that I think everyone sees that life is a game. They don't. That part of why l am here to help show this Truth. There are plenty of people in denial or pretending.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Valo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:03 pm
Marcus wrote:

That doesn't make sense. If people are in denial or pretending, it's because they DON'T see life as a game? Is that the "truth" you are here to show?
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:07 pm
Valo wrote:

1. I do not lie
2. I am sincere
3. I am authentic

This is an interesting perspective. I think you make some key points but how you phrase what you are saying might be rubbing people the wrong way lol.

I don't perceive life as a game. I wonder... If perhaps there might be some dissociation going on. I think it's ok to live your life that way and visualise things that way but it might not get warm responses because people don't like others making assumptions about who they are and how they perceive the world.

When you say you are playing a game it implies something not very nice. I didn't take it on board because I can see from your posts that the kind of game you think you are playing and the kind of game it reads like you are playing are two different things. When people say they are playing games, generally, society assumes it is manipulative, abusive, and generally has a strong negative connotation. We assume people who are "playing games" are here for the wrong reasons and are out to cause harm. However, your posts seem pretty harmless. I think this might just be a difference in how you express yourself.

I don't like games and I don't play games. I just roll with the punches and plod on in life. I moan a bunch. I have no one who wants to listen lol. But I just go along with life. I pray for peace and safety.
You are playing the game that life is not a game. It's not a very good game from my experience, but it is a game.

Those who are insecure will judge me as evil. Those who love themselves and are comfortable with who they are will judge me as good.

Regardless of what the Spirit says or how it is said those possessed by the spirit of the antichrist will complain.

I'm looking for old friends.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Marcus wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:19 pm
Valo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:03 pm

That doesn't make sense. If people are in denial or pretending, it's because they DON'T see life as a game? Is that the "truth" you are here to show?
It's a point of view to consider that life is a play, a drama, a game. And why consider it? Good question.

Let's say you could choose what life is about. Do you want life to be serious? Like if you could choose, what do you really want to do?

Now you can keep being suspicious and keep trying to play the "one up manship" game or "I gotcha" game or choose to believe I am not lying, I am genuine, and sincere even if it turns out I'm wrong.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Valo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:39 pm
Marcus wrote:

It's a point of view to consider that life is a play, a drama, a game. And why consider it? Good question.

Let's say you could choose what life is about. Do you want life to be serious? Like if you could choose, what do you really want to do?

Now you can keep being suspicious and keep trying to play the "one up manship" game or "I gotcha" game or choose to believe I am not lying, I am genuine, and sincere even if it turns out I'm wrong.
That's what you think is happening?

You didn't answer my question about what truth you are here to show.
"If people are in denial or pretending, it's because they DON'T see life as a game? Is that the "truth" you are here to show?"
Imwashingmypirate
God

Valo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:22 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:07 pm

You are playing the game that life is not a game. It's not a very good game from my experience, but it is a game.

Those who are insecure will judge me as evil. Those who love themselves and are comfortable with who they are will judge me as good.

Regardless of what the Spirit says or how it is said those possessed by the spirit of the antichrist will complain.

I'm looking for old friends.
Getting lost.
What is the definition of "game" that you are using?
Life is relative... If I'm playing a game by not playing a game then I enjoy the game that you are expressing that I am playing. (That's a mouthful lol) I'm not squishing my experiences into a box and trying to define life, creating limitations on how I perceived the world by assuming life is a game. I can see the point you are trying to make. I'm not sure it makes a great deal of difference.

Why would anyone consider you to be evil? I do not assume anyone is evil. Insecurity doesn't connect to evil.
Playing games doesn't make someone evil. But evil people may play games. "Playing games" in the social definition is considered to be an unkind thing to do. And announcing that you are playing games actually makes the game end because when playing mind games, it is the gaslighting that comes with it that makes it a game. (I just lost the game :o ) But the kind of game you are talking about appears to be different. You are assuming that all existence is a game and even by not playing the game you are still playing a game. Kinda matrixy.

Getting a vibe here...

I think it's not that deep. Not sure I have the energy to think that deep. How I perceived the world is that, my being is of little relevance. I don't stand out. I don't impact on the general populis. I seen myself as an ant in a hive doing what I'm doing which is much like others. From an outside perspective, I'm following the statis quo. I'm eating, I'm sleeping, I'm making sure my kids have what they need. I do not have a perspective that people think about me in a way that they would even consider me to be evil or good or anything for that matter.

If people butt against me, I assume that we have different perspectives and that usually either neither is wrong or I am wrong. I am quite often wrong.

But I also assume that a lot of people are similar to me in this. Perhaps I'm an NPC. So (and this is similar to what you are saying), because I perceived myself to be plodding along without impact, I do assume that this is the case for a lot of people. I may be wrong.

I am expressing from my perspective because this is how I can see it and relate it. I don't assume you are evil or good or playing games even though you say you are. If I apply my life to what you are saying, then I'd say my rules are: be honest, don't upset people, don't be a burden.

Analysing that, I guess I am a people pleaser. Analysing further I can say that this is because I was expected to not unplease people. I can see where this fear of stepping on people's toes comes from.

I started saying something and got derailed by myself lol. Life is relevant... My game of not playing a game may seem like not a very good game. But from what perspective? From my own perspective, I can't live my life and then say to myself this is not a good way. Actually I can, but I wouldn't unless I felt completely out of control of how my life is going. Right? I have choice. I could wake up tomorrow and decide to make changes to "improve" things. Maybe I should. But if I did there wouldn't be a thought process involving me changing the game play. Changing the rules and deciding to start playing the game.

I do think I get what you are saying though. It just sounds so strange to hear it in the way you are saying it.

Edit: that's not poor grammar, that's autocorrect and I can't be bothered correcting autocorrect tonight.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

1. I do not lie
2. I am sincere
3. I am authentic

Right. What you are saying is that other people treat life like a game, whereas you do not treat life as a game. You could re-write the above like this:

---

1. no game playing.
---

lying, insincerity, and inauthenticity typically accompany accusations of "game playing". When people are telling the truth, being sincere and authentic, then they are more likely to be regarded as serious participants in the conversation, rather than game players - trolls etc.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Valo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:39 pm
Marcus wrote:

Don't think Marcus is being suspicious. Don't think anyone assumes you are lying. Just trying to grasp the concept you are sharing. People will butt with everything because of the nature of the forum. I often find the pull to play devil's advocate when participating in discussion, even when I agree, the way my mind works, it will be like AHH but?? What if?? And that is just having a questioning mind.

Try not to take it personal. I don't think people want to assume badly of you because they aren't following what you are sharing or aren't agreeing. It's just rebutting to create and clarify discussion. You aren't being attacked. It's just how it works. If people start calling you names then maybe and usually that happens when people run out of argument, but that's not what I'm seeing here.