Numbers...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Re: Numbers...

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Marcus wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:53 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:14 am

Marcus, why so miserable?
Lol. What an assumption to make.
Not literally Marcus.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Default Aggressive

is a good way to be. :D
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

At least.
Fascinating. The DS is the most important and gifted person I can think of prophesied about in the scriptures, save Jesus himself. For the DS to be a mere rung before getting to you is mind-blowing. On the one hand, wow, I didn't expect you'd say that at all. Is High Spy okay with this? I mean, it sounds kind of blasphemous. Then again, I can see how you'd be okay saying it. His treatise on the talents you cited was pretty predictable. I mean, it could have been Bruce R. McConkie or any member of the local dry counsel employed by the McConkie firm who came up with that. It's almost as if he's trying to sound like what we'd expect a pedantic, overly-religious bore to sound like. Denver Snuffer has a similar style but fresher material.

One thing I don't think people get about Jesus is that his words sound so natural to us because he's been the single most influential person of all time, but back then, before the scriptures were written, he didn't sound like anything at all. He didn't sound like what people expected a religious teacher to sound like. And so on the one hand, "wheat and tares -- see that you are the wheat!", sure, okay buddy, while on the other: a fraction hiding a portal that's surrounded by gothic arches -- that's next level.
This is a war. The idea that God is a pacifist who will allow the enemy to destroy His most prized possession is a false one.
Absolutely. Q has made that clear. Does Q come before or after the DS on the ladder?

Shall we play a game?
What does it mean the wheat?
The tares beckon for war.
Shall the faithful fall?
What is on the other side of the portal?
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:48 am
So I wonder where you have established your evidence for higher than average intelligence and what that means to you?
I scored I believe 1400 on SAT once. I got an score in the high 80s for ASFAB. I graduated from university with honors.

But also anecdotal experience.

It has been a curse for most of my life. I've been excluded, left out, misunderstood. It's meant often I've had to keep quiet so I don't anger someone who is in authority. It's also been a source of arrogance at times. It's been a way for me to escape the troubles of life at times, by over intellectualizing things. It has meant that my mind is constantly active and thinking. It means I have had to learn to focus. It also means I've had trouble with integration with others. It has come at the price of low social intelligence although not an insurmountable obstacle.

It means God has given me responsibility for brothers and sisters in different lands and these responsibilities are great.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:07 pm
At least.
Fascinating. The DS is the most important and gifted person I can think of prophesied about in the scriptures, save Jesus himself. For the DS to be a mere rung before getting to you is mind-blowing. On the one hand, wow, I didn't expect you'd say that at all. Is High Spy okay with this? I mean, it sounds kind of blasphemous. Then again, I can see how you'd be okay saying it. His treatise on the talents you cited was pretty predictable. I mean, it could have been Bruce R. McConkie or any member of the local dry counsel employed by the McConkie firm who came up with that. It's almost as if he's trying to sound like what we'd expect a pedantic, overly-religious bore to sound like. Denver Snuffer has a similar style but fresher material.

One thing I don't think people get about Jesus is that his words sound so natural to us because he's been the single most influential person of all time, but back then, before the scriptures were written, he didn't sound like anything at all. He didn't sound like what people expected a religious teacher to sound like. And so on the one hand, "wheat and tares -- see that you are the wheat!", sure, okay buddy, while on the other: a fraction hiding a portal that's surrounded by gothic arches -- that's next level.
This is a war. The idea that God is a pacifist who will allow the enemy to destroy His most prized possession is a false one.
Absolutely. Q has made that clear. Does Q come before or after the DS on the ladder?

Shall we play a game?
What does it mean the wheat?
The tares beckon for war.
Shall the faithful fall?
What is on the other side of the portal?
At least I don't lie even though I'm smart. :D

https://youtu.be/lKJM3WdhkNY?si=6iEhNZQWh4y4kgey :D
Last edited by Valo on Wed May 08, 2024 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Valo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:57 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:48 am

:?

There is not enough emojis.

Do I want to respond to my piqued curiosity?... Hmmm.

This post isn't helping your cause valo. We are taught that Christians and spiritual beings have or should have humility.

I could say I have higher than average intelligence if I only consider the free online IQ tests. And even the psychometric testing I did at university (when I couldn't spell for crap I scored extremely high for something to do with language, everyone here knew how bad my english was, yet somehow, the psychometric report said I was in the top one percent of the population, how? No idea). What I am good at is seeing patterns. However... I'm pretty dumb lol. So I wonder where you have established your evidence for higher than average intelligence and what that means to you?

Intelligence doesn't equate to spiritual giftedness. Look at evidence from the Bible, who is chosen over an over. The lowly. There is a strong sense that God chooses the meek, the humble, the people at the bottom.

I don't have enough evidence in my experience to say people aren't special. I just doubt that people are singled out. I do think people can have a sense of spiritual guidance and teaching in them.
Meekness is having the capacity to cause great destruction but keeping that power in check.

Humility is a recognition that you need God in your life.

Those with a broken heart and a contrite spirit receive the Holy Ghost. It's only by having a broken heart and a contrite spirit that we can truly see the things of God.

Humility is not being passive, peevish, fragile, quiet, and gentle. Meekness is not being weak and helpless. The least will be the greatest.

You can be intelligent, smart, special, and acknowledge it while still remaining meek and humble before the Lord. It's not that difficult to do really once you realize you are nothing without Christ.

Once God chooses someone lowly of heart, meek, and humble, do they remain at the bottom?
Belated welcome, Valo. I have some questions:

Do you have the capacity to cause great destruction that you are keeping in check?

Do you truly see the things of God?

What is God's most prized possession?

What has God called you to do?

Thanks.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:43 pm
Valo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 12:57 pm

Meekness is having the capacity to cause great destruction but keeping that power in check.

Humility is a recognition that you need God in your life.

Those with a broken heart and a contrite spirit receive the Holy Ghost. It's only by having a broken heart and a contrite spirit that we can truly see the things of God.

Humility is not being passive, peevish, fragile, quiet, and gentle. Meekness is not being weak and helpless. The least will be the greatest.

You can be intelligent, smart, special, and acknowledge it while still remaining meek and humble before the Lord. It's not that difficult to do really once you realize you are nothing without Christ.

Once God chooses someone lowly of heart, meek, and humble, do they remain at the bottom?

Do you have the capacity to cause great destruction that you are keeping in check?

Thanks.
Thank you. Since we are just beginning a conversation you should know that I am playing a game where the rules are this:

1. Can't lie
2. Must be sincere
3. Must be authentic

If you do not follow the rules of the game I am playing, we won't be playing together, obviously. Natural consequences and all.

So I'll start by assuming you are following the rules of the game.

I have the capacity to cause great harm, indeed. Yes, I keep it in check.

I truly believe that I have seen, can see, and will continue to see the things of God if I continue to obey His commandments.

God's most prized possession, in two words, is EVERYTHING GOOD. In more words, This creation, the life, the relationship of love, kindness, empathy, inquisitiveness, mercy, songs, music, art, wonder, awe...He loves His creation but an enemy has crept in and corrupted it. He will not spare any of the tares.

God has called me to do various things at various times but I think an overall calling is to teach the gospel.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Valo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:10 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:43 pm

Thanks.
Thank you. Since we are just beginning a conversation you should know that I am playing a game where the rules are this:

1. Can't lie
2. Must be sincere
3. Must be authentic

If you do not follow the rules of the game I am playing, we won't be playing together, obviously. Natural consequences and all.

I truly believe that I have seen, can see, and will continue to see the things of God if I continue to obey His commandments.

God's most prized possession, in two words, is EVERYTHING GOOD. In more words, This creation, the life, the relationship of love, kindness, empathy, inquisitiveness, mercy, songs, music, art, wonder, awe...He loves His creation but an enemy has crept in and corrupted it. He will not spare any of the tares.

God has called me to do various things at various times but I think an overall calling is to teach the gospel.
1. I won't lie.
2. I am sincere.
3. I am authentic.

I am perfectly willing to take you at your word that you are following those rules, as long as you are willing to do the same with me.

What is the great harm that you have the capacity to cause?
he/him

Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:27 pm
Valo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:10 pm

1. Can't lie
2. Must be sincere
3. Must be authentic

1. I won't lie.
2. I am sincere.
3. I am authentic.

I am perfectly willing to take you at your word that you are following those rules, as long as you are willing to do the same with me.

I already started by acknowledging that I will assume the same.

I mean what are the capacities inherent in all humans? We all have a darkside. Many, maybe most, deny it, but it's there. Anger, frustration, impatient, bickering, bad mouthing, being deceptive, we all carry that capacity.

It's important to acknowledge it and recognize your own particular dark pulls. Meaning some struggle with superficial ego driven anger and allow that anger to spill over in to violence towards others.

Jordan Peterson really turned me on to this idea several years ago when he talked about how he studied the problem of evil and how he tried to see if he was capable of doing such things as let's say those in the Nazi party, and his conclusion was that, yes, it's arrogance to assume it was particularly evil people who committed the atrocities.

How about you? Do you acknowledge your darkside?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Valo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:37 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:27 pm

1. I won't lie.
2. I am sincere.
3. I am authentic.

I already started by acknowledging that I will assume the same.

I mean what are the capacities inherent in all humans? We all have a darkside. Many, maybe most, deny it, but it's there. Anger, frustration, impatient, bickering, bad mouthing, being deceptive, we all carry that capacity.

It's important to acknowledge it and recognize your own particular dark pulls. Meaning some struggle with superficial ego driven anger and allow that anger to spill over in to violence towards others.

Jordan Peterson really turned me on to this idea several years ago when he talked about how he studied the problem of evil and how he tried to see if he was capable of doing such things as let's say those in the Nazi party, and his conclusion was that, yes, it's arrogance to assume it was particularly evil people who committed the atrocities.

How about you? Do you acknowledge your darkside?
If your reference to capacity to cause great harm was simply a reference to the types of harm ordinary humans are capable of, that answers my question. Being an ordinary human myself, I don't see myself as exempt from having what you refer to as a "dark side." I'm not sure that "arrogance" is the word I'd use, but I agree with Peterson that it's a mistake to think of oneself as being immune from the circumstances that lead humans to commit atrocities.

Thanks for answering my questions. I may have more.
he/him